BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Model 70

Friends of BinderPlanet Facebook Group

jeff campbell

Staff member
received_422708648419773.jpeg
received_942332979499255.jpeg
20191226_101421.jpg
20191226_101437.jpg
Just got me another chest freezer.thanks justin ! Pics in a few ! Working 1 to.

Last edited:

scout2000

Lives in an IH Dealership
Congratulations Jeff !

Yes....pics....please.

I still don't have IH fridge or freezer #1 yet. :(

scout2000

This is 1 for sale - jerry.

Hello Jeff,

Thank you, and I'd probably like to have it. My concerns aren't with your asking price, but shipping. The drive from the south coast to the north east part of the country are probably a bit more than I would be interested in undertaking right now in our corona-ridden times. Which would leave me with having it shipped. Is that something I could expect to be able to ship across the country, and have it arrived unscathed? And additional questions because I just don't know. Have you shipped something like this before? Do you have some background with shipping these things?

thanks for any comments.

Randall Barringer

Y-Block King
When I found my 1955 IH fridge in Las Cruces, NM I knew I was gonna have to ship it.
I put it on U-Ship and within a week I had a driver.
It arrived on time and in good condition.
That little freezer looks very manageable. What are the dimensions out of curiosity?

gillis51

High Wheeler
Jerry
If you have a Fastenall nearby they also ship stuff at a reasonable price. A few years back i shipped a set of axles and other stuff from MA to washington state for about $250.

The outside dimensions are 44” x 37” x 27”, or 29” to outside of hinge cover. I would say it weighs under 200 lbs. It will hold roughly 7 cubic feet, assuming this is why its called a 70.

Last edited:

jeff campbell

Staff member
Hello Jeff,

Thank you, and I'd probably like to have it. My concerns aren't with your asking price, but shipping. The drive from the south coast to the north east part of the country are probably a bit more than I would be interested in undertaking right now in our corona-ridden times. Which would leave me with having it shipped. Is that something I could expect to be able to ship across the country, and have it arrived unscathed? And additional questions because I just don't know. Have you shipped something like this before? Do you have some background with shipping these things?

thanks for any comments.
I will look into it jerry. PM me your address

jeff campbell

Staff member
Jerry
If you have a Fastenall nearby they also ship stuff at a reasonable price. A few years back i shipped a set of axles and other stuff from MA to washington state for about $250.

The outside dimensions are 44” x 37” x 27”, or 29” to outside of hinge cover. I would say it weighs under 200 lbs. It will hold roughly 7 cubic feet, assuming this is why its called a 70.
FB_IMG_1590735854547.jpg

scout2000

Hello Jeff,

You have my address, and yes, I have several fastenal's just in Lewisville.

I'm defaulting to your/the group's knowledge in regards to shipping. I just don't know, I've never done it.

I see the note regarding restrictions, but, like all things, one day this corona virus thing will pass.

Assuming we were in more normal times and this was shipped to my nearest Fastenal. would they load it up for me on the back of my (flatbed) pickup? Or otherwise help me load it? I have a neighbor or two that can help me unload.

Thanks for the comments, I haven't done this, I just don't know but I feel I will when all is said and done.

gillis51

High Wheeler
Jerry
Some fastenall branches don't have the means to load or offload. Give them a call and see what they have for equipment.

My local one only has loading dock and pallet jacks. I had to travel to next town over which had fork lift capacity. That branch off loaded a pallet for me that weighed around 700 lbs.

Good luck on your new freezer i know you've been searching g for a while great score!

scout2000

Jerry
Some fastenall branches don't have the means to load or offload. Give them a call and see what they have for equipment.

My local one only has loading dock and pallet jacks. I had to travel to next town over which had fork lift capacity. That branch off loaded a pallet for me that weighed around 700 lbs.

Good luck on your new freezer i know you've been searching g for a while great score!

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate it.

this will all work itself out, in the end. Had not considered this as a point-of-contention, but its appearing that we may need to move past the whole corona thing before moving forward.

Dana Strong

And now I am hunting for an IH chest freezer...
Speaking of IH trucks and freezers, did any IH trucks get built into Ice Cream trucks or perhaps the old Milk Delivery trucks? If so, did the refrigeration system run directly off the engine (e.g. by belt) or something else?

Greg R

I've seen pictures of milk trucks in an IH chassis and many were Metros. The refrigeration was done by eutectic plates as was the technology until deliveries went by the wayside. Today some delivery trucks, think Schwan's, still use plates and there are a few with small engine driven units.

Dana Strong

The refrigeration was done by eutectic plates as was the technology until deliveries went by the wayside.
OK. Eutectic i.e. "Truck" plates are just the cold storage media (through which the freon goes). Are you saying they used electric-motor-driven condensing systems on the truck that were plugged in when parked? That sounds simple and reasonable.

I have a portable cooler box with a truck plate cooled by a detachable condensing unit, that powered by a B&S gas engine. IIRC, the eutectic solution contains BaCl, but I built it 30+ years ago so forget all the details.

Greg R

Yep, that's pretty much how milk trucks were done. Return to the dairy, clean out, hook up the power to freeze during the night and be ready for another morning delivery.