Mississippi

Discussion in 'Mid-South Binders' started by flint, Feb 5, 2009.

1. drtom

drtom Farmall Cub

Good job..............keep posting your progress.

2. drtom

drtom Farmall Cub

Please, someone buy this scout from me. My projects are getting to be too much, something has to go. NO reasonable offer will be refused!

3. new scouter

new scouter Farmall Cub

Anybody still active in the South MS area?

-Michael

4. Kiselas

Kiselas Farmall Cub

There are still a couple of us! LOL. Myself and another are in the middle of rebuilds.

5. drtom

drtom Farmall Cub

Still here and slowly plugging along. All three scouts and 52 running. Crank em every few days. Blue scout is still for sale at a great new low price. Call office if interested. I'm up for a meet sometime. office 601-731-1232

6. noel

noel Farmall Cub

anyone around Jackson

anyone around Jackson have a spare tire I can borrow for a recovery? I have 3 but really want 1 more, picky, I know.

7. DocBon

DocBon Guest

Guess I should looked a little closer before posting my Mississippian thread. Don't know how I missed this one.

Hopefully there's some of you guys still rumbling around MS. I've only had my Scouts for a little over a month but I was beginning to think I was all alone here, lol. I bought a 74 Scout II with a 318/727/dana 20 first. It needs a little work to be fully safe for me to tote the kiddos around in but, it's running! Bought a 72 that had the burnt up 345 pulled to use for parts. I've since decided to get the 74 road worthy and do an FOR on the 72. Work is slow but I'm making progress. At any rate, I'd really enjoy getting to know some fellow Binder owners closer to home. I'll try to post a couple of pics. 74 is topless and 72 is in my shop.

Attached Files:

8. DocBon

DocBon Guest

Blasted iPhone!!! Can only post 1 pic at a time. Well here's my 72.

Attached Files:

9. noel

noel Farmall Cub

Did you buy that one from a guy in Pearl? I've got 2 scouts plus a parts pile in Pearl.

10. DocBon

DocBon Guest

Hey Noel! Yep, bought the 74 off craigslist from the guy in Pearl. He hooked me up with the guy that had the 72. Paid $1600 for the 74 and $300 for the 72. I'm always looking gor any of these beasts hiding in the woods now, lol. How's the build on your rigs?

11. noel

noel Farmall Cub

My builds are going nowhere, I need to pull the engine in my 79 and my 72 just needs to be put together but I don't have anywhere to work on 'em right now. Soon, I hope. . .

12. DocBon

DocBon Guest

Wish I had a bigger shop! I'd let you wrench on them here. Might would even turn a wrench or 2 with you. You ever need a hand, gimme a holler. I have no problems with getting elbow deep in alligators, lol.

I've got a build thread for both rigs going on IHPA forums if you want to take a look.
    The 72 build thread.
    The 74 build thread.

Anyone else you know of still running an IH around our neck of the woods?

13. noel

noel Farmall Cub

I might have a windshield frame, I have a parts rig that I need to part out. Might be some other stuff you could use on the 72. I have a pto winch on my 72 as well, they were all dealer option. No factory option on Scouts then. Mine is a Ramsey 8000#. I have a hard top i won't need as soon as I find a cab top.

Is your pto connected to the TC? Does it have a cable to actuate?

14. DocBon

DocBon Guest

I'll probably take you up on that windshield frame! Yeah, the PTO is shafted to the TC. Not sure what you mean about the cable to actuate it. I don't even which model winch it is yet, lol. I'll send you a PM with my # and see about meeting up some time. I'd really like to try and get another meet and greet going.

15. noel

noel Farmall Cub

16. DocBon

DocBon Guest

Looks you guys had a good time. I'd like to try and do something like that again. I'm definitely all in if we can pull it off. I think my 74 could handle a couple hundred mile trip if need be. Sending you a PM now.

17. LilMack

LilMack Farmall Cub

Any MS scout owners still around?