BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for IH 650 sources

2021 Arizona International Harvester Rendezvous

roguemustang

Farmall Cub
Last year my father in law bought a project tractor that was the model that his dad used when he was a kid. I don't know much about it other than than it's a 650. He took the head off and I know he will need one piston and probably a sleeve. Not sure what he will be needing as he gets deeper into it. Does anyone know of any good sources for parts for these things? I know they are kind of a low-production model. Maybe you have a parts tractor laying around and I could point him your way when he runs across something he needs? Any help would be appreciated.

kdsmit

Binder Driver
Is it a gas or diesel? I think that there are parts available. If it is a diesel, make sure that you have the head checked for cracks. You may want to check out the forums at Yesterdays Tractors, Red Power and tractor salvage yards.

roguemustang

Farmall Cub
I'm pretty sure it's a diesel, but now I'm not positive. I'll check out those sources as well. It sounds like he just found a place to get the piston (actually former IH dealer parts manager is going to visit and get a better idea of what all he needs).

Thanks for the other sites though, I don't know know why I forgot Yesterdays Tractors and Red Power....

kdsmit

Binder Driver
Make sure that you check both sides of the tractor. The diesels actually start on gas and then switch to diesel. So, they have the gas engine stuff on one side and the diesel stuff on the other side. Also, I have been told, that there is a spring that gets weak (probably the one that is on the diesel engagement lever) and when going over rough ground, will let that lever move a little, allowing a little gas to get into the combustion chamber, when running on diesel. And that is how the head gets cracked. I'm not sure, but I was told that by an old guy, with a lot of experience with those engines and it makes sense. Good luck, those are kind of a rare "Prairie" tractor and they are a HORSE and a half!