BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Local" Scout II lift gate sources

Brian Worley

Farmall Cub
I am considering buying a 74 Scout II that has some serious problems with the hardtop and the lift gate. Can we say venting that was not in the original design, i.e. rust-through holes in mulitple locations including the hinge mount area. I have a line on a replacement hardtop, but haven't found much on a lift gate. I did find a fiberglass replacment one from one of the vendors in the list, but it is more than I would be able to pay for it.

Anyway, anyone got a source for a replacement liftgate with the latch included (Original Scout II Green in color would be too much to ask)? I want to see if I can find one before I decide to buy the vehicle. If I buy the Scout, I need to be able to have it kind of sealed up withing a few days since it will be a daily driver for my wife.

Any ideas where I might locate one in good shape for next to nothing. :D

Brian

Baradium

Lives in an IH Dealership
lol, for next to nothing I think I'd have already gotten it! ;)

Some vendors have them occassionally, they reproduce steel ones too.

It's not whether you can get one quickly, it's whether you can get the used one you want cheap enough quickly ;)

Brian Worley

Farmall Cub
I can't deny that it is kind of a longshot, but I at least had to ask. The vendor had a fiberglass one for about $250 I think it was, then you have to add the latch system, seal and window after painting. That all adds up in a hurry especially since I haven't seen very many latches up for grabs.

If I can't find green, and most likely it wouldn't happen that I could find the matching green, then one that someone isn't using since they upgraded to a soft-top and don't use it anymore would work well. Of course, this little upgrade would be on a low $$'s budget. I will still have to extend the exhaust so it doesn't dump in front of the rear axle and close off the rt rear floor to inner quarter help with the direct injection of exhaust inside. I read the thread about the back window creating exhaust being sucked inside, but this is with the back hatch closed (except the aftermarket venting ;) ).

Anyway, just trying to get a feel for how easy it would be to pick on up not too far from the Seattle area to save time and shipping.

Mark Ashford

Moderator.. or something
Staff member
I got one (not green though), and I'm less that 10 miles from you.

I also got a welder so anything can be fixed :D

drop me an e-mail.
-mark

Brian Worley

Farmall Cub
Mark Ashford said:
I got one (not green though), and I'm less that 10 miles from you.

I also got a welder so anything can be fixed :D

drop me an e-mail.
-mark
I understand about the welder and fixing anything. It is just that balance between adding metal and blowing it away that kills me. :eek:

Email message sent.

Brian