BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lil' Pink Scout

2021 Arizona International Harvester Rendezvous

Tom Mandera

Dreams of Cub Cadets
Nice project!

Time to get a basketball up inside the fender and push out the dents. ;) And/or lighten up the inner fenders to lose some weight, and hole-saw the rear inner quarters while you're at it.

Just FYI, I don't think you need to consider airing down at all in a mud-bog/ mud race. I'd run full pressure and full throttle, and the 16.5s will be problem free.

Red_SC

Binder Driver
With the transmissions delivered it was time to get back to work on the axle swap. Once the axles were in place it was time to consult Dan from TracTractor Offroad. It was time to figure out the steering and I was clueless. He made a few suggestions and here it is.

100_3498.jpg

I will admit it is not quite the way he would have done it, but he pointed me in the general direction.

Got any more pics of this?

Red_SC

Binder Driver
Yeah, I didn't know if he had any other pics of it, though. I'll probably end up buying histeer arms for the trail scout, but am getting ideas for getting it rolling with minimal cost. I'm still in the parts aquisition & planning stage, so I'm getting ideas.

Drew Merrick

Farmall Cub
Yeah, I didn't know if he had any other pics of it, though. I'll probably end up buying histeer arms for the trail scout, but am getting ideas for getting it rolling with minimal cost. I'm still in the parts aquisition & planning stage, so I'm getting ideas.

Histeer arms would probably be the more proper and safer alternative to this death-link steering setup :tt2:

Monte Lauer

Farmall Cub
Got any more pics of this?

Sorry, that is the only pic I have. What are you planning on running? I used fullsize Dodge axles. There alot of people more knowledgable about this than myself. Decide what kind of axles you want to run and then check with someone on here who has done it. I didn't have the money to do the steering right the first time, but i am glad we changed it. It handles alot better now.

Red_SC

Binder Driver
It's a fullsize DRW Chevy D60, so there's nowhere on the passenger knuckle to attach a draglink without a histeer arm. I know the right way is histeer, and I'll probably end up doing that to start with, but I'm just looking at my options. The intent is to get the Scout on the trail with the minimum amount of money spent, while keeping it safe and avoiding buying things twice. I am running histeer on my daily driver, in the link in my signature.

Looking good, you've built a cool Scout!

Monte Lauer

Farmall Cub
Went to Newport today to race. The track is very short, 80 feet not 200 feet like we are used to.

100_4187.jpg

Any how we didn't do very good. The Scout has always seemed to come alive mid track and here in Newport, mid track is the finish line. :taz: We did get to race another fellow Binder though.

100_4197.jpg

100_4194.jpg

He beat us, but we will see him again someday on a longer track. Here is a link to the video of the race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-w3Jo51dco

Here are a few more random pics:

100_4177.jpg

100_4192.jpg

100_4203.jpg

Monte Lauer

Farmall Cub
With the 2009 Drag Season right around the corner I have made a few changes. I added a rear aluminum radiator with dual fans and I dropped the old fuel tank and added an 8 gallon fuel cell. Note the very cool silicon flex hoses.
DSC00406.jpg

DSC00408.jpg

DSC00411.jpg

Korllach

Farmall Cub
This is quite possibly one of he coolest things ever!

that lil scout hauls some major ***.

Korllach

Farmall Cub
is she runnin strong and got the wiring issues worked out? i know in an earlier post you guys had some issues mid race with the scout dying.

Congrats on the new addition!

Monte Lauer

Farmall Cub
She is running great. The Carb King (Mike Mayben) made a stop last weekend and we went through a complete test and tune session. Pink will roast all 4 tires on dry pavement. :punk:

It turns out our electrical issue last year was nothing more than a bad batch of starters, remanned starters are not always the way to go. I did learn something new in this process, the 1994-2001 Dodge starters are half the size and have a whole lot more torque. They come with a lot higher price tag, but well worth the investment.

Korllach

Farmall Cub
Nice dude! I am lookin forward to seeing some more lil pink scout youtube vids from this weekend