BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets see your IH Refridgerator

Friends of BinderPlanet Facebook Group

jeff campbell

Staff member
Ok guys. Heres my newest addition to my collection. My second refrigerator. I watched it for about a week in a half on Tucson Craigslist before I came to my wits and called the lady. I am so glad I did. Its a model: HA-92 and the year is 6-22-1951. Its MINT. Very clean and nice. The lady i bought it from said her dad bought it brand new in Benton, Iowa and supposedly he was either a owner, or worked at the IH dealership there. Anyway, it works great and I was going to put it in my shop, but its way too nice so I put in in the garage. Enjoy.

MAN! i guess.i'd put that in my HOUSE!jeff,nice find.:taz::rockon:

ihscout2bad4u

Farmall Cub
Here's another '55.

Came from a diner in mid-town STL who'd had it its whole life. Paid $50.

BTW, it could use a handle, drawer and door shelf trim (see Paul's picts). If anyone's got that stuff shoot me a PM.

I've got the same one except its a deep freeze...Got it for free

dkterra

Binder Driver
Finally loaded some pictures of my 1950 model H-92. Would like to find a drip tray for it. ;)
I think I posted in the wrong thread the first time.:oops:

Attachments

• P1000085.JPG
    P1000085.JPG
    438.9 KB · Views: 435
  • P1000086.JPG
    P1000086.JPG
    920.5 KB · Views: 421
  • P1000087.JPG
    P1000087.JPG
    928 KB · Views: 395

plymouthrock

Farmall Cub
those are cool fridges, I had no idea they made them till I read about it on wikipedia. Im new to IH stuff. got my eye on a 57 A110 im trying to get so started reserching and found this site, gotta get one of those fridges for my garage!

Scrapman

Farmall Cub
This one I bought in June 2010 For $50 at a junkyard not knowing if it worked or not... Well it does, and very well.
431664_144465762341271_100003335455486_177577_1283715636_n.jpg

And this one I just pick up today, a 1952 Model. And it works like a top
394009_144339975687183_100003335455486_177210_1773658743_n.jpg

OldGal

Farmall Cub
Don't have a picture at this time, but do have an old IH that I would like to know the real age of. It is a model RHN-12F SN 010481100. I bought it used in 1960 and it has been used in one place or another of my house ever since. Never been repaired because it never needed it. Exterior could use a little TLC, but it runs like a charm and quieter than any of the new ones I have had.

OldGal

MJL

Farmall Cub
Traded a Kelvinator for this. It's missing a few parts that I'd like to find or make, like the freezer box door, whatever plastic piece is on the back of the defroster tray, a sliding door in the door, the copper rails that hold the eggs in, etc.

You can see there are chunks missing from the plastic trim, and there is rust underneath. Maybe one day I'll fix the rust and find the needed parts. But… I got the Kelvinator for free, and the guy who had this wanted $300, but we traded straight up.

MadMonkMort

Farmall Cub
Traded a Kelvinator for this. It's missing a few parts that I'd like to find or make, like the freezer box door, whatever plastic piece is on the back of the defroster tray, a sliding door in the door, the copper rails that hold the eggs in, etc.

You can see there are chunks missing from the plastic trim, and there is rust underneath. Maybe one day I'll fix the rust and find the needed parts. But… I got the Kelvinator for free, and the guy who had this wanted $300, but we traded straight up.

Very cool. Looks like it's only a few years younger than mine. Those strips around the edge of the outside of the door are designed to come off so you could put on one of two or three different color fabrics to "customize" your refrigerator to match your kitchen. I think a lot of people probably got rid of the freezer box door pretty quickly because vintage photos I've seen of that door show that it has "Femineered" in cursive script across it.

I need to take my fridge in to get serviced. It quit getting cold last year, so I think it probably blew a seal. The compressor still runs though. Also, pressing the thermostat button to turn on the defrost element no longer seems to work. Thank god there's an industrial refrigeration company here in town that is willing to work on it.

MJL

Farmall Cub
Thanks. I've been reading threads on fridge restos and found out about being able to put fabric on the doors. I do need to find out what kind of door seal I need since the old one is completely gone. Unforunately I think that most the parts I need are irreplaceable unless I make them. The "diffuse-o-lite" would be the hardest to copy. I'd also like to put a meter on this thing and see just how much power it uses.

kyihcman

Farmall Cub
First generation 1946,47 fridge is the Deluxe, been using them for several years.

Attachments

• ih fridge 002.jpg
    ih fridge 002.jpg
    940.6 KB · Views: 339
  • ih fridge 001.jpg
    ih fridge 001.jpg
    922.5 KB · Views: 370
  • ih fridge 004.jpg
    ih fridge 004.jpg
    920.4 KB · Views: 370
  • ih fridge 003.jpg
    ih fridge 003.jpg
    932.5 KB · Views: 372

J.J.

Lives in an IH Dealership
Thank you Craigslist.

This last weekend, Mrs JJ and I were able to embark on an adventure. The old shop fridge had finally passed away quietly after many years of faithful beverage service. We had talked about trying to find a suitable replacement (IH of course), and this 1950 model showed up about 2 hrs away in Evansville IN. After several emails between us, I finally spoke to the buyer and a deal was struck.

It turned out that it was the family 'fridge, and had been purchased new by his parents in 1950, and had not been outside of the house since. He talked about how his mom had updated the kitchen sometime in the early 70's, and his dad had painted the 'fridge to match the new decor. His mom had passed away several years ago, and the dad a couple of months ago. The family was in the process of cleaning the old family home out and getting rid of stuff.

It was as promised, plugged in, running, and making ice when we arrived--still in the kitchen. Other than the brown paint, it is in really nice shape. It will require a new door gasket, and we are going to scuff and paint it IH red.

The gentlemen that we got it from was a fleet buyer of trucks, and stated that he had always bought IH's--must have been conditioning from seeing the logo on the door all those years growing up. He watched us drive away...

IH_zpsoqz33w7k.png

Official Irma Harding Recovery Unit :D

FullSizeRender-10%20copy_zpsx3nhkmc4.jpg

Tennessee state line, almost home :yes:

FullSizeRender-10%20copy%202_zps0lv9r6ys.jpg

In its new home :)

FullSizeRender-10%20copy%204_zpsgbdvmjhq.jpg

FullSizeRender-10%20copy%203_zpsvrit8pq0.jpg

JJ in TN

jeff campbell

Staff member
TOO kool JJ, beautiful rig ! glad you got another 1 ! bet he was surprised to see u pull up in that ! ? jeff :D:yes::taz::beer:

saskscout

Farmall Cub
Just picked this one up from down the street the other night, its not in the greatest shape, but I couldn't leave it for the price I paid.

Cant seem to find any information about it though, wondering about the year among other things.

Randall Barringer

Y-Block King
Here's my new '55.
It just finished the trip from Las Cruces, NM.
It was originally white and it needs door gaskets- it has nothing but clips now.
It seems to work fine, but I had no idea how small they are! I am 6'3"
I also have a '55 Stainless Steel Hotpoint Deluxe that is a beast compared to the IH.

Attachments

• IMG_6038.JPG
    IMG_6038.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 281

engine_run

Farmall Cub
My new "to me" 1950 U-95. Had some funky house paint on it so got it sanded down then rattled on some appliance white. Still need to do the seal but couldn't wait to get beer in there and in the man room!
Had the glass drip tray, but need to find a handle if anyone has a spare....lol.

Attachments

• 20160131_192533.jpg
    20160131_192533.jpg
    946.7 KB · Views: 236
  • 20160131_193832.jpg
    20160131_193832.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 241
Last edited:

customtronic

Farmall Cub
I'll be picking one up today. Not sure of the model number but the seller states that it is a 1949 model. Says that it works great but could use a new door seal. I've been looking for an IH fridge for a while now. Really happy that I found this one. How many of you have painted their fridge to match your IH truck? Not sure if I should leave it as it is, paint it gloss white, IH red, or paint it to match my Scout.

EDITED: I picked it up yesterday just outside of Portland, OR. Well worth the 4 hours of driving. If you ever have the chance to drive into Portland do a google search for the food trucks. Portland has about 500 food trucks in the city. There are several areas where you can find 30+ different food trucks all on one block. Food from all over the world. I had Moroccan food for lunch yesterday. I usually go for Tai or Vietnamese food. It really is a cool experience and Portland is a very cool, quirky, weird city. Always worth the drive down.

BTW.......I'm really leaning towards painting the fridge IH red. I already have the paint to do some cabinets and my old Gasboy fuel pump.

Last edited: