BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just got a SCOUT - AUSTRALIA

2021 Arizona International Harvester Rendezvous

ozscout

Farmall Cub
Hey Guys

I just bought a Scout. This will be the first time that I restore anything that isn't a Mustang so I am starting at the top - or bottom...

Firsty I think it is a '62 model? It has a 4cyl - but I am not sure how may cc.

I don't know how many speed the gear box is or what parts are interchangable from other vehicles. i.e. diffs, lift kits etc.

So, I guess I know nothing at all other than it is a IH Scout 80 and it cost me $200....any information would be greatly appreciated.

If someone can let me know how to post pics I'll do that or i'll email them.

Bill USN-1

Staff member
Welcome to IH.

If you become a supporting member you can post pics directly to the picture post site here. Then you simply link them over.
Or if you have a picture site such as picturetrail or imageshack, you can do the same thing.
If you just have pictures on your computer and no where to host them, send them to me and I will post them.
My email is listed in my profile.
I just ask that you resize them to 640X480 if possible or they get really big in my email box.

Take a look at some of the vendors links and FAQ's at the top of the forum and home page.

Binderbooks can supply you with a manual. You will need one of those!!

Good luck and keep us up to date.

rlireland

Content Team
Staff member
ozscout said:
Hey Guys

I just bought a Scout. This will be the first time that I restore anything that isn't a Mustang so I am starting at the top - or bottom...

Firsty I think it is a '62 model? It has a 4cyl - but I am not sure how may cc.

I don't know how many speed the gear box is or what parts are interchangable from other vehicles. i.e. diffs, lift kits etc.
The 4 cylinder is a 152 cu. in. (2491 cc). The early Scouts ('61-'66 or so) had a 3 speed gear box.
Spend some time browsing and searching the BB. You'll find lots of useful information.
Welcome to the madness!

Roy

Mal Howard

Farmall Cub
Welcome to the IH "Family". I'm in West Oz, have a scout and have just become aware of the existence of another nearby. Doesn't look like it's run for years so it might end up being an acquisition. Heaps of good info on the board and a whole bunch to learn.