BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Jeep Recovery Vehicle" sticker

2021 Arizona International Harvester Rendezvous

b.rock

High Wheeler
Yeah, I know this is a lame request, but I've wasted far too much company time looking for the "Official Jeep Recovery Vehicle" decal / bumper sticker. My two neighbors have a Cherokee and Wrangler respectively and I have a serious hobbyhorse about getting this on the Scout for some reason... :D
Any leads?
Thanks!

JeffR

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Doh! I was looking for others after I'd found that one... where's the little flick off smiley when I need it :)

We shall meet again worthy opponent!

-J

513 yj

Farmall Cub
Put that sticker on then the next day you go to the dude with the yj and say i need a pull, getting cocky always is funny but then the murphys law kicks in and then you know the rest :p at least in my book that is the case

Carl Wiese

Staff member
I want one that say "Idiot Recovery Vehicle" or "Silly Web Wheeler....." you get the idea, because as YJ stated, Murphy's law.:D

513 yj

Farmall Cub
As my 2 buddies found out friday on my private rockpile, a commanche with no drivers ball joints left and a 4 runner with no tie rod and no burrf of the driver side anymore. Of course i went first like nothing and the cockieness ensued, but i'm sure the coors light had nothing to do with it. :D

b.rock

High Wheeler
513 yj said:
Put that sticker on then the next day you go to the dude with the yj and say i need a pull, getting cocky always is funny but then the murphys law kicks in and then you know the rest :p at least in my book that is the case
Oh, I'm sure :D It's a very friendly, tongue-in-cheek thing with us though. "Hey Eric, where are the other two cylinders on that Jeep?" "Hey Brandon, you can't paint the Scout and get rid of the primer and rust, it's like street cred." We're always "helping" each other work on vehicles and other crap, especially if "helping" means pointing out things that were already tried and drinking the other's beer. One in particular is in on helping with "project dump the tax refund into the Scout 2006" with me too. :cool:

513 yj

Farmall Cub
I'd definately put one on there and then point it at the closest bud, but alls i am saying is for me personally every time i get cocky with my foreign friends with zuks, toys, nissmos, and that i always end up deeper in the mud or farther in the rocks than them but they pull me back if i can't winch up. I don't need many hooks but it seems like a 4 beer buzz at your buds and some friendly ribbing and next thing you know you are getting the razzing since they are not stuck and i are, but it always goes back and forth till we all die as that is the way it is here and probably everywhere else

Bruce Shealy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
b.rock said:
Yeah, I know this is a lame request, but I've wasted far too much company time looking for the "Official Jeep Recovery Vehicle" decal / bumper sticker. My two neighbors have a Cherokee and Wrangler respectively and I have a serious hobbyhorse about getting this on the Scout for some reason... :D
Any leads?
Thanks!

Like this??

http://img465.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dcp00069sz.jpg

I had mine made by a vinyl sign company locally in about 99 or 00,..I dont recall them being too expensive, I had 20 made and kept 4 and sold the rest , couldnt have been too pricey or else I would never have done it. 20 may have cost me 60.00,..I sold them for 10.00.

Ike T

High Wheeler
Bruce Shealy said:
... couldnt have been too pricey or else I would never have done it...
Too funny Bruce. I laughed out loud! :D

Who's Scout is that with such a shiny, chrome bumper? :)

Tim

Dave Nuenke

High Wheeler
I like the "Charter Member SUV Recovery Team" sticker I got from Allan Ericson several years ago. Fits an old Binder to a T, makes the point, but yet at the same time doesn't point a finger at anyone in particular.

Dave

Russ McLean

High Wheeler
>> ...the "Charter Member SUV Recovery Team" sticker I got from Allan Ericson

Dave, you got off cheap. Marian bought a whole scout from Allan to get her sticker ;)

Lars S

Farmall Cub
I'm sure you guys have seen the "It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand" stickers before.
Well I got one for my Trooper that says "Isuzu... because I DO understand" and one for my Scout that says "I don't want to understand". I think they had "Official Jeep recovery vehicle" or something similar too. I opted for the less threatining retalitory stickers instead. Anyways I think I got them from independent4x.com but I can't seem to find them on the site right now.

Those Jeep guys can be really stupid sometimes...
14178jeepstuck.jpg

First of all, did they not expect to get high centered? And look where they attached the tow strap on the bug!

GaryB

High Wheeler
Carl Wiese said:
I want one that say "Idiot Recovery Vehicle" or "Silly Web Wheeler....." you get the idea, because as YJ stated, Murphy's law.:D

Mall Cruiser Recovery Vehicle is a good one. Seems like in Lars pic, always some idiot thinks they can go anywhere since they have "4 wheel drive" :rolleyes:

Case in point: Last week I'm driving by a vacant lot that has a dug burm around it to keep folks out. There's a newer little Blazer stuck coming out, and a brand new crew cab F-250 diesel stuck going in. I stop and ask if they need help and the lady tells me to not try to come in or I'll get stuck too. I look over at the "road" going into the lot and reply that I think I can make it.

As I'm backing up to the Ford in the lot to pull it forward, another guy stops in the street to pull it back out. He claims he'll get him out. So after I watch them screw the football for a few minutes and make lots of tire smoke with his 2X Chebbie, I hook up to the front of the Ford, pull him over and have him pull the woman back over. She had her foot on the brake the whole time :rolleyes: But the ITEC motor drug her anyway :D Both said they had 4 wheel drive and I told them, "no not really" and explained why they didn't and why you don't drive over 3' hills in a stock trim vehicle.

I doubt they learned anything, and I'll probably be pulling them from a snow bank next weekend by the local ski lodge. But it will cost them $20 :p