BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Ivan" Ponderin Boltin Down the Traveltop On My Scout II(and some babble)

Thomas

Dreams of Cub Cadets
---"Dude, where's my top?" I hope I don't hear myself asking that. When the rain started last week, I was just going to tarp the Scout. The youngest boy asked if I was going to put the traveltop on so I said, "Yeah, that might be a good idea" So we did, and never bolted it down... I hope the wind doesn't get too strong up here in Bessemer, AL. but if it does, I am expecting the worst so that anything between that and nothing will not upset me. So, if anyone up there in TN discovers a white traveltop with sliding windows, and it ends up still being in useable condition, please contact me.

---All jokes aside, I hope all is well for everyone here and that you and yours are safe and well. To all those who have lost loved ones already, you have my deepest sympathy. I have been through some hellacious storms in Illinois and Michigan and I generally don't think about myself. If the good Lord wants me, he'll take me.

---I won't get into detail cause last time I mentioned it, someone argued the fact that 200mph straight line winds can happen [I am a bit of a doubting Thomas myself so don't take it to heart] in small towns, without records being online or at the weather bureau (as Garfield says, "You saw it on TV so it must be true"), but I have so far been through 5, major tornadoes... always wanted to storm chase... "them thar thangs don't scare me none" :cool: from the time I reached 16 (never paid much mind to them before that, before I joined Civil Defense) and predicted Hurricane Andrew almost a month before it hit Florids... so I told the bartender at my local tavern, but he watched the Weather Channel a week after I mentioned it, all the way up until the day I returned from Homewood/Ft. Lauderdale FL (a week before it hit).

---If anyone decides between Ivan and the next rush of severe rotations that you want to get the heck out of Dodge, Godspeed tae ye. If you need a place to rest between finding a hotel/motel or the planned shelter and where you are now, either send me a message via Yahoo or the BB (yahoo is running most of the time on this cable connection... unless it crashes and someone will most likely hear it immediately). If anyone needs aide in cleaning up, I am presently unemployed and willing to lend my hard working... tucus to help.

---Brent G., hope all is well out by you. Mike T. from what I heard Mobile was hit pretty hard and I hope all is alright by you. The sole purpose of writing this is to say that our weather buraeu sucks so badly that I wouldn't rely on them to tell me to move. If I felt moving was smarter than building another "airplane made of beer cans mobile", I would do so. I know of so many people (friends' relatives) that are gonna ride this one out too, and every other one that comes along I would guess.

---Native Americans had the right idea back when they were just "the people" and didn't know much about washi-manu. A villiage that packed up and moved within 15 minutes and people that didn't live in areas where mother nature was destructive. However, I am sort of stuck in the past, my Scout is the best means of transportation I have and don't ever intend on getting rid of it. I have two vehicles a `49 Plymouth and a `51 Farmall H that I fought for because they belonged to my Great-Grandfather and I have many different antiques used in the trucking and railroad industry. I am a cancer, known to be way too soft/caring, collect junk and... did I already say way too soft?

---Oh yeah, and do I live around a bunch of rednecks or did everyone make spaghetti last night? I started my sauce at 7am and went to the store to pick up some pamesian cheese at 5pm (sauce still cooking :p ) and wouldn't believe I stopped at four stores and everyone had bought just about everything... including parmesian cheese. So, I followed my nose (having a nose for these things, I smelt parmesian) and ended up at Domino's Pizza. Thanks Domino's girl ;)