BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

indexing moog ball joints

Pavegunner53

Farmall Cub
I want to install my new ball joints today. So which way do i face the zerk fitting in the knuckle. Towards the center, rear, or front of the opening. By opening i mean the side that faces the axle. I'm running up to the parts store to borrow the ball joint tool.

Thanks
Steve

hounddog

Binder Driver
did you get upper and lower for both sides? if so how much was the total price and where did ya get em. I am also wanting to replace my ball joints and am looking around for prices and stores to get a set of Moog's.

thanx :)

Pavegunner53

Farmall Cub
Carquest. I belive I paid 174.00 for all 4. A litle pricey but well worth the money from what I've seen here on the board and from local garages. Moog's are the best.

Steve

WRENCH MAN

Dreams of Cub Cadets
Try to face them to the front, the caliper is in the way on the rear and the axle is in the way on the inside, I'll get a picture for you today!

Pavegunner53

Farmall Cub
Too late! I read the instructions that came with them and they said to put them in facing the rear so did and they are already on the C's no i just need to find the socket to torque the threaded insert.
Do you know where to find one of these? Advance didn't have one maybe Napa does.

Steve

WRENCH MAN

Dreams of Cub Cadets
Well anyway, here's how we doit at work.
I got my socket from MAC, SnapOn has them as well.

Attachments

• ball joints 001.jpg
    ball joints 001.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 109
  • ball joints 002.jpg
    ball joints 002.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 100

Steve Jackson

Farmall Cub
Pavegunner53 said:
Carquest. I belive I paid 174.00 for all 4. A litle pricey but well worth the money from what I've seen here on the board and from local garages. Moog's are the best.

To all you ball joint experts: Is this the price to expect for the moog joints? I too have heard they are the best, so I'm planning on getting them. But I see that the price is double over the price of other joints. Is there an IH vendor who sells them so I can support the IH businesses?

SCscoutguy

Staff member
I used Dana/Spicer joints that I ordered from rockauto. They were made in America and I was very impressed with their quality. They were $41 delivered to my door! Dana/Spicer joints were OEM on Scout II's so I see no reason to not go back with them.