BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IH wrenchin

J. David Oldham

Farmall Cub
Deer season is over & stands buttened up for the year. :beer:
Back on the Scout and truck. Ignition switch for Scout is in, waiting on power steering hose. That should be in today. I hope to finish the dash lights today.
We have a road trip planed for Sunday to Texarkana in the TJ Express. Should be a good trip. :banana:

Last edited:

J. David Oldham

Farmall Cub
It's alive. Fired up the TJ Express this afternoon. Runs good and no leaks.
Still have a problem with dash lights and may have to fix them later.
P. O. has been working on thne electrical & I'm not sure what I need to do to fix them.
Road trip to Texarkana is back on. :banana::bananrap:

BigRigg

Y-Block King
Ive been working on the 800. I have just about finished the SII axle swap. Actually, the axle swap is done, I am working on brakes. When everything has 50 years of rust accumulation, nothing is easy. I ended up having to cut every hard line to remove the stock prop valve. So, I get to bend and plumb all new lines. Yay for me.:drown:

The fittings have been interesting too. I used a ford bronco master, and the threads are 9/16 x18 for the front reservoir. Wouldn't you know that every 9/16 inverted flare fitting I have is 24 tpi. So, I'll have to hit the auto parts store to get a fitting or two.

Pretty excited tho' this little scout runs really good. Can't wait to hit the road! Should be ready by the weekend!:clap:

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
Well i'm still working long hours but my Scout fund is growing so that's a good thing. Off tomorrow so I can do some more Scout stuff I have decided to open up the 345 after I go back to normal hours and if everything looks good I am going to put in some rings, bearings, a cam, lifters, springs, timing gears and an oil pump rebuild kit. Anyway that's the plan for now.

AD

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
Well that didn't work out as planned because the 345 had a badly scarred cylinder looked like a broke ring. So instead of boring or sleeving I decided to crate it up and save it incase I wanted to use it later and build a Sm@ll BLock chebby engine I had laying around for now and see how that works out. So that's what I am currently working on. I had called Advanced Adapters to check on buying their LS conversion kit but they told me it was temporarily discontinued and they weren't sure when it would be back for sale. So I just decided to buy the Gen 1 kit and get things moving so that's what I did. I did find out though from one of the guys at the place that the main difference is just the flywheel from what I understood so if I could find said flywheel like was needed and drill it myself I think the rest of the parts I bought would allow me to use it on an LS later on if I decided too.

AD

J. David Oldham

Farmall Cub
Back working on the TJ Express. I have the carpet kit, new front brake disk, starter, new manual gages for eng & a carb to install. I have a guy to look at it next week for paint. I put new side mirrors on it already & need to order some things for the AC.

nfbeckman

Farmall Cub
Finished up my rear main seal replacement and replaced my fried gauges with a working set on my 73 scout. It's finally not leaving an oil slick in the drive. Wife's happy

J. David Oldham

Farmall Cub
Found a painter for the TJ Express in Wolfe City TX. He is painting a truck for my youngest son. If his looks as good as I think, will take the Scout to
him next. :clap:

nfbeckman

Farmall Cub
My 73 scout was beginning to get a rough idle. This morning I nailed it down to a hissing vacuum leak coming from the pedal side of the power break booster. $104 from rockauto will get me a new master cylinder and booster for a factory disc brake scout. I think I'll pull the trigger since mine will have a disc 44 in the front in a few weeks anyways.

BigRigg

Y-Block King
My 73 scout was beginning to get a rough idle. This morning I nailed it down to a hissing vacuum leak coming from the pedal side of the power break booster. $104 from rockauto will get me a new master cylinder and booster for a factory disc brake scout. I think I'll pull the trigger since mine will have a disc 44 in the front in a few weeks anyways.
You are dedicated. I wanted to go outside, but 20 degrees is just a bit too cold for me!

J. David Oldham

Farmall Cub
Looking for a paint & body man. The guy in Wolfe City TX. that painted my son's Chevy truck SUCKS!
If u see someone on Face Book from Wolfe City that says he does paint & body, RUN. :censored::thumbs down:
I may have to get Big Rig to paint the Express, I've seen his work. :beer:

BigRigg

Y-Block King
Lol, thanks David, but the pictures make everything look better than they are! That's ok for me, but I'm afraid I'd make the guy in Texas look like a Picasso. We do have a few great body men up in this area, and I've seen a lot if their work. I don't have their contact info, but if your interested i could round it up for you.