IH wrenchin

Discussion in 'Mid-South Binders' started by Arkansas Dave, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Arkansas Dave

Arkansas Dave High Wheeler

Sounds like tomorrow will be a good day for wrenchin on the old Scout, I can't wait to get started one more day of work today and then I can get started. I got my bolts for the engine stand and can't wait to get it in the garage.

AD

2. Mater

Mater Farmall Cub

Yes, this weekend is going to be nice....upper 60's possibly!!! I'm taking the family to the river for some trout fishin' and picnic lunch! Also Dave, I bought me a 1991 Ford F250 3/4 ton 4x4. Its got the 460 motor in it. A lot more reliable, and I know the history of the truck. Bought it from a co-worker from work. Anyway, enjoy your weekend, and I want to see some progress on your scout! For me and my scout....I'm on vacation until I work more overtime!!!!!:censored: (Dang Ford truck!)

3. BO185

BO185 Y-Block King

I hope to get my truck back together. Took the inner fenders and front rad support out to powder coat.

4. Arkansas Dave

well congrats on the new ride Mater sounds like a tough truck I am trying to get some progress made but hit a brick wall today my engine stand is borderline so I am getting a new one. Tomorrow hopefully, sounds like you're busy too Scott I bet that truck looks great by now it looked slick when you got it. Wish my Scout would have been that clean when I got it. Hey does anyone know some other places I can find an engine stand big enough to hold this 345 that I can pick up tomorrow anywhere in Arkansas? I figure HF in conway , I found HD has them but badly rated on strength by consumers. I don't know if S&R carries them or not. Anyway if anybody knows of somewhere I can find one let me know.

thanks,
    AD

5. BO185

BO185 Y-Block King

6. Arkansas Dave

thanks for the reply that's the one I had planned on anyway since I didn't find many others thanks for the info I will see if I can locate one.

thanks,
    AD

7. Arkansas Dave

well I one but my ipod and my computer aren't getting along it doesn't recognize my ipod for some reason! anyway I bought the Harbor Freight 1000 lb model and did some modifing with new bolts and lots of grease...
    AD

8. BO185

BO185 Y-Block King

I had to work till 1pm today, but got some stuff done on my truck this afternoon. Got the old exhaust manifolds out and got the headers set in to see how they fit. Looks like I will have to move a couple things. But will work fine. I have to add the 3 wire heated O2 as well. Tomorrow I will powder coat some more parts and try to install the SV oil cooler I bought with new oil filter housing. Ready to get back to driving this since gas is so cheap!!

9. Arkansas Dave

I have to work today for a couple hours got called last night while I was putting together the new engine stand but I guess just some extra Scout money shouldn't take but a couple hours and then I can work a little this afternoon hopefully.

AD

10. Arkansas Dave

Got done at work and got back home early went out and started moving the engine over to where i can get the trailer under it (this is one of them times I need that front end loader tractor!) anyway I got it moved some I am walking it with the engine lift , the pull chain and a small regular chain be nice if I had something above me to hook my chain hoist too. The plan is now to move out by the utility trailer then lift up on hoist about 2 feet then spray down with degreaser and pressure wash then load on trailer after it drys move to the garage put on the new engine stand with lift and leave on lift to make sure it will hold. Then on to the fun stuff, oh I may check compression before putting on the engine stand. I got to get back out there and get to work I was waiting on the anti-freeze to drain.

Arkansas Dave

11. Arkansas Dave

got the engine moved and sprayed down with degreaser then had to go somewhere but got back in time to do some clean up and got the engine all covered and ready for any bad weather until next round. More to come

Arkansas Dave

12. Arkansas Dave

Get anything else done Scott? how about it Big Rigg any progress? Matt? Mater? Supermerle?

13. BigRigg

BigRigg Y-Block King

I got a little bit done. A few weeks back I poked a hole in my radiator in pumkin, so I fixed that, and I also laid some peal and seal and taped up about half the joints with aluminum tape in the scout tub.

With tax season here, things are at a snails pace for me. I can't find any shop time. It was nice to get out there this weekend for a few hours tho'

14. Arkansas Dave

yeah it's that time I have to go see my tax office this week and get that taken care of. Hope to get a little time to work on the Scout Friday after doing that.

AD

15. Arkansas Dave

Well got the taxes in the works today so I picked up some supplies and tomorrow I will start washing the engine and hopefully have it in the garage on the new engine stand by Sunday.

Arkansas Dave

16. Arkansas Dave

well I got the motor washed and me too! :laugh: then got it loaded onto the trailer that was a feat in itself that cherry picker don't roll in the dirt very good. Hopefully tomorrow afternoon I can comealong it to the trailer good. Move it around to the garage, make the pieces for the lower arms and bolt it up to the engine stand.
    We''ll see:1eye: more to come...

AD:ihtractor:

17. Arkansas Dave

Anybody else done anything on this beautiful weekend?

AD

18. Arkansas Dave

I got some more done this afternoon but came up short on bolts. I'll have to run by TS tomorrow and pick some up after work. I got the piece made for my engine stand hopefully it will work I will post pics in my build tomorrow.

AD

19. CoopVA

CoopVA Binder Driver

Without pictures nothing really happened...

20. Arkansas Dave

Hey Coop they are on my build page project Blue Rhinoceros. I put some more on today and again tonight.

Dave