BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to become a member of TVB

Binder TV

Anthony Weigant

Farmall Cub
That's easy!

Simply go to the roof of your home, apartment, shack, shed or van down by the river, and scream at the top of your lungs, "I WANNA BE TVB!!!"

Really, no, you don't have to do that. You can if you like, but we're not into hazing.....yet.

Seriously, all you have to do is send me a pm, or email me with your name, address, phone number, I will respond as quickly as possible, and BOOM!! your a member. I have a database (I've always wanted to say I have a database :D) of current members, and will add your info to it. If you would like, post up on this thread and tell us a little about yourself, your IH's, and why you are so obsessed with them, like the rest of us whackos.

At this time we do not have membership dues, nor has it ever been discussed more than two minutes and thirty two seconds. We will at monthly functions, pass around a "tip jar" to help fund the next gathering to kinda help pay it forward. Trust me, it's worth it, there's been some pretty darn good food at these gatherings. I'm just sayin'.....

And that's it! That's all you have to do to be a member. And, once I get off this laptop and my big rump, I'll finalize the club logo, and then maybe we can get some t-shirts ordered!
So jump in and sign up everyone! I need some get off your rump inspiration!

Thanks for playing along,

A. Weigant, TVB
aweigant05@comcast.net

J.J.

Lives in an IH Dealership
OK, I'll play....

Hi, my name is JJ, and I'm a libra :D

I grew up in Western Colorado, land of Hanson Equipment, the local IH supplier. My family had a ranch, and we had many fine IH products that were used, from tractors, spreaders, etc. My grandfather had an old one-ton 1935 truck, and my dad was a Travelall man. He had a 1957 Travelall that he traded in on a new 1970 1110 D truck, which is probably where the craziness started for me. That truck had every option available. White with a black top, red interior, and the faux wood paneling on the sides. 392 4 speed. Here is a picture that I took of my dad and his Travelall in 1976, I was 9

DadsTravelall.jpg

Our family had an Airstream trailer, and that big beast pulled that trailer all around the western part of the US with ease. As a matter of fact, my mother turned the Airstream over in the middle of I-70, and the Travelall didn't even flinch. The trailer tounge twisted 180 degrees upside down. The state trooper told my dad that it was because of the fact that we had a Travelall that saved us from being hurt or worse. When we weren't pulling the trailer, we were riding in the back country with that truck, nothing could stop it. Later on in life when I was in high school in the 80's, I would drive it, and my friends and I felt like we were invinceable in that big truck. Also, there was this certain green and white pickup that belonged to a friend of the family that would surface later in my life, but that is another story. It was a sad day in 1988 when dad finally parted with the old girl. I hope that she is still bringing joy and proudly riding around the Colorado backroads somewhere. I was in a band around this time, and we had a 1966 panel Travelall, painted bright yellow (of course-showbiz) that made gigs all over MT, WY, CO, NM, and AZ. Fast forward to 2002, I was living in Tennessee, and started the hunt for a good, rust free, Travelall to call my own. I found my 1973 1110 on Ebay in Florence CO, and had it shipped here. As we all know, IH's do tend to herd and multiply, and there have been many in my life since then, either as a good parts truck, or as a runner. However, as many of you know, I am a D guy. I only have a Scout to off road in. Mrs JJ is who not only brought color to my life, she brought SCOUTS to my life. I have witnessed her owning three since our lives merged.

Not that I am keeping score, but here is a list of IH products that I have owned:

1970 1110 Travelall 4x4 392 4 spd (dads, but I feel like it was mine)

1966 1210 Travelall 2x4 304 4 spd

1971 800B Scout 4x4 304 4 spd

1973 1110 Travelall 4x4 392 auto (still have her)

1974 100 Pickup 4x4 392 4 spd (still have her)

1975 200 Flatbed 4x4 392 4 spd (still have her)

1976 Terra diesel 4 spd (Still have him)

1971 Travelall (parts donor)

1973 Travelall (parts donor)

1975 Travelall (parts donor)

1973 1210 pickup (parts donor)

1975 500 cab/frame (parts donor)

various other parts and pieces stored in and around the house and sheds

JJ in TN

J.J.

Lives in an IH Dealership
...and he conveniently neglected to mention the JEEP...:oops:

Which he cruised around in Friday nite!!!...:nono:

Well, cause it is like this:

1) This is an IH Forum :nono:

2) IF Scouts had been around in 1947, my dad probably would have bought one :tt2:

3) It is a 1947 WILLYS jeep, when jeep was a model, NOT a brand :oops:

4) And, my dad bought it brand new in 1947, so there :gun_bandana:

Questions? :taz:

JJ in TN

jhnyct

High Wheeler
You can't hate on a man for cruising in his Dad's '47 Willys. It's not like it's a YJ. :D

ihscoutlover

High Wheeler
Now I have owned two Jeeps. You got to realize that if your IH is your primary driver, what do you do when it breaks down and you need parts.....in comes the

J iffy
E pic
E mpathetic
P artshauler

I just had to throw that in there.....:tt2:

Jeff

Anthony Weigant

Farmall Cub
Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to say welcome to our newest members, Jeff and his wife Mellissa, screen name IHScoutlover. They reside in Edwardsville, IL, and have quite the list of IH's.
Jeff reached out to me about housting a wrenchfest. I'm thinking road trip! With everyone's schedule, this would probably have to be planned way in advance, but I think we could pull it off.
What say you, TVB'ers?

crazyeight

Farmall Cub
Woo-Hoo!!!!! Road Trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap: Oh Yeah, Welcome to the TVB Jeff and Melissa!!!

ihscoutlover

High Wheeler
Thanks Guys you really know how to make a girl feel welcome. I know I am in a mans so call world but I can hold my own. I love the trucks and would not have it any other way.

Melissa
:chef: :p

ihscoutlover

High Wheeler
Now that she got her :twocents: in , I too now get some computer time and also would like to say thank you for the invitation. In light of what JJ started, I will go next(not to brag):

We are the proud parents/owners of these current IH vehicles:

1979 Scout Traveler "Cheyene"-Melissa's DD
1979 Scout Traveler "Emmy"-Adopted from A loving couple from Kansas(The Dishons)
1979 Scout II "Tiger"-Melissa's Trail truck
1977 Scout II "Junior"-Jeff's Trail truck
1979 Midas Scout Terra "Terra"-Future Show Truck
1973 1110 4x4 Travelall "Mama Fred"-Adopted from a caring ID owner(Earl Culley)
1973 1210 4x4 Travelette "Mother Ship"-Future Towing Truck
1972 1210 Flatbed Pickup "Buck"-Scrap Runner Current Duty Truck
1973 1110 4x4 Travelall "Papa Fred"-Awaiting trade for "Smokey Bear"
1978 Scout Terra "Yet to be named"
1979 Midas Scout Traveler "Shrek"
1979 Scout Traveler "Free Wheeler"-awaiting arrival to the Scout Farm
1980 Midas Scout Traveler Diesel "Smokey Bear"-Awaiting trade for "Papa Fred"
3 Cub Cadet Model 107s, one in nearly show condition, two others awating restoration.
1954 IH Refridgerator-Currently residing at the in-laws

We regret to inform you of the passing of these vehicles through our stables at one point or another, and now donating or living on in other parts of the country/world:

1979 Scout II "Thunder"
1979 Scout II "Bessie"
1978 Scout II "Unnamed"
1974 100 4x4 "Grapperhaus"-awaiting final part out

We also own two other non-IH vehicles:

1992 Toyota Camry-"Pepe"
1994 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr 4x4- "Scout II"

And Jeep actually stands for:

J ust
E veryones
E xcess
P arts

A complete 118" WB Tub and parts to complete a Traveler/Terra less chassis and drivetrain/driveline.

So not to brag either, but yeah for the most part our stable is full.

I got into Scouts long before I met Melissa. Starting about 1997 as a staff member on a Boy Scout summer camp staff, one of our other staff members bragged about a vehicle that was virtually unstoppable. It could go anywhere you pointed the wheels and wouldn't get stuck, no matter how hard he tried. After seeing and believing, I was hooked. I bought my first one, the '79 Scout II "Bessie" for the seemingly low price of $100 in the spring of '99. It wouldn't start, I did some work and could get it firing correctly, but not starting on its own, and it wouldn't go into any of the gears(it was an auto). I paid $24 for a wiring harness from the firewall to the engine(that was missing) and pretty much had it running but still not moving on its own. By the fall of '01, I had my second Scout II, the '77 "Junior", which was a funny purchase, as the PO was the brother-in-law to a local transmission shop owner. The tranny in the '77 was "budget rebuilt", using parts only that had either failed or are prone to issues on the 727. This truck was also one that came with a dealer installed PTO winch on the front. I paid $600 for this truck, and although its rustier than it should be, I have trailed it about 5 times, and well now its rust is giving me motivation to do a partial tub swap. Melissa and I met in late Feb of '03, and by August of '04 we had another truck, the '79 Traveler "Cheyene" that she and I flew to Camino Island, WA to drive back to St. Louis. We earned our IH badges during this trip, as items from a failed starter solenoid, and the eventual disintegration of cam bearings, along with 700+mile days in a 30 year old truck pushed both of us to the brink of hairlessness. To put salt into the already split open wounds, the trailer being towed by my future father-in-law decided to part with one of its tires the second we crossed over from Kansas City, KS into Kansas City, MO. That simple trip ended us getting to bed at like 3am, to then get the truck to one of the local shops to get the engine swapped out. After paying $6300 for the truck(and getting $200 back from the PO for gas on the trip back home), and then another $1800(by selling her prized car, a 1998 Dodge Stratus), we have had "Cheyene" back on the road. This was followed by the Greedbay purchase of the '79 Scout II "Thunder", and then quickly followed by the '79 Scout II "Tiger". We got acquainted with our first D-Series in '06, when I flew out to Boise, ID and met with Earl Culley to bring back the '73 1110 4x4 Travelall "Mama Fred". We got married that same year, with "Cheyene" taking us out to Nationals, and then afterwards on to our honeymoon in the woods(literally) in the Green Ridge State Forest in Cumberland, MD for 2 weeks. Lets say that we saw some awesome countryside, and met some interesting folks, and even took the truck 4-wheeling. We came back only this side of Columbus, OH, between Columbus, and Springfield, and "Cheyene" decided she didn't want her PS rear tire, and blew it out. She was treated to some new treads, BFG AT KO's. By the summer of '07 our '79 Midas Terra "Terra", was driven from Siloam Springs, AR back to the farm, with Melissa nearly 6months pregnant, chasing me in Cheyene. Our son was born in Aug of that year, and as luck would have it, Cheyene decided to once again blowout a DS rear BFG AT, with less than 500 miles on it. Afterwards we picked up our '72 1210 Flatbed near Lake of the Ozarks, MO. In the fall of '09 we purchased the '79 Traveler "Emmy", and did a partial trade for the '72 1210 Flatbed, and got another 118" Tub as well as all the parts to completely restore "Emmy", from Terry and Rita Dishon, whom we met in '04, first via phone only, and then in person when we drove "Cheyene" out to the Sunflower show where we pitched in and helped Terry and Rita put on the show that same year. I think '08 was our record IH ownership year, where we brought home the '79 Midas Traveler "Shrek", the '73 1110 4x4 Travelall "Papa Fred"(from Will Marsh), the '79 Scout Traveler "Free Wheeler", and one of our Cub Cadet tractors. By '09 we were swapping trucks or parting ways with some, with the passing of "Thunder", the Mickey Mouse with Tiger and Junior out in Springfield, OH. By 2010, we had Junior back here, as well as Tiger, and upped the Cub Cadets to 3, adding 2 more, one parts unit, and the show one. By 2011, the only addition was the 1210 Travelette "Mother Ship". But a deal was struck towards the end of 2011, for the Diesel Scout, and then we added the '78 Terra in March of this year.

Whew....thought I was rambling or something. Meet up with us and we can share some other stories too long to type about here. That's part of our story and we are sticking to it....(dates subject to change due to memory, names have been replaced to protect the innocent)

Jeff

Tucker H

Farmall Cub
Proud to be a member here. Always better to have some people closer to home.
Name- Tucker Hoge
Town- Lookout Valley/Chattanooga, TN
IH Product(s)- 79 Terra 345/727/d20 tc/ d44's
Spare 345 + bonus T-19 4spd
2 hoods, two spare rear axles 1 front axle, and well a ton of random stuff i would have to post pictures of if requested, and still gathering more and more as i come across it.