BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Horn Plunger

2021 Arizona International Harvester Rendezvous

tx63conv

Farmall Cub
I am going to guess that they dont reproduce this part for an 800--this is the plunger with a wire (normally) that would run to the horn relay (?). As you can see the wire is missing from the right hand side of the image.

(a) do they reproduce this?--i cant find it
(b) does anyone have a spare?
(c) any thoughts of some other vehicles that might work?

If none of the above, my understanding is that this is a simple switch, could I solder a wire to the end and test? I don't think i can easily uncrimp the right end to get a new wire in there. Not 100% positive how I would test--continuity with the plunger pressed?

horn.jpg

RinTX

High Wheeler
To test (just an educated guess) no continuity between wire end and metal at top when “at rest”. Continuity between the two when pressed.

Cjscout

Farmall Cub
I would just drill it out and add a new one with solder. You could also just try to just re-crimp it
What he said, i had to do the same thing with my scout 80s and it was not to difficult

Cjscout

Farmall Cub
Ha ha, I was just thinking of course the horn is worn out and at least around here I’m stunned any of the turn signal parts wear out as they are never used.
The one in my original steering column was worn out completely same with most of the other contact points. Luckily I had an extra which I just swapped in

tx63conv

Farmall Cub
this is a little hard to hold but i was able to hold the plastic and a lead with one hand and a lead with the other and it is showing roughly 0 ohms in both positions - plunged and un plunged. I wonder if that constant voltage is what fried the wire at the end?

Any other thoughts? Any ideas where to get a new replacement or a substitute?