BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hardcore Wheeling Sept 6th Caranage PICS

ss2

Farmall Cub
Well here it is. The first of many pics of a really long day in the Crushers. I broke a Warn Hub,front shortside axle,front longside axle u-joint and rolled a tire off the bead. But man it was FUN!!!!!:punk::D:D
***Update my steering box is pulled off the frame...:D
Here is the Uber Scout damage....
p9071750oo1.jpg

Chris and a broken axle.
p9061726yw2.jpg

Chris and a broken ankle?
p9061739fp3.jpg

How I spent part of the night.
p9061744po9.jpg

More random pics.
p9061742gi9.jpg

p9061705iu8.jpg

p9061701qx0.jpg

Last edited:

Chrispucci

High Wheeler
OUTSTANDING TRIP!!

I broke a long side axle shaft - put it in the trail spare -- then broke a long side u-joint and ripped the ears off the outer stub shaft at the same time. So no more long side axles...

After wheeling out the exit at the bottom in 3 wheel drive I baja'd it back around to the trailers - loaded up the Scout on the trailer then misstepped climbing off the trailer fender - twisted my ankle fell over - rolled around in the dirt and felt my ankle swelling up in seconds.... So before the pain became unbearable, with Mike and Mike's help I finished loading up and hauled butt to town... If I had know the troubles that lay ahead for the last 2 vehicles I would have stayed and offered up parts and tools --- SORRY EVERYONE FOR BAILING OUT!!!

4 X-rays and a few hours in urgent care later -- I have a small chipped bone, some stretched out ligaments and a ton of swelling and pain. Nothing major :D Still a great trip!

NOW the PICS:

crushers1.JPG

crushers2.JPG

crushers3.JPG

crushers4.JPG

crushers5.JPG

crushers6.JPG

ss2

Farmall Cub
Of all the damage I saw yesterday and that I brought home on Uber Scout. That ankle is the worst. It hurt me to look at it with your sock on yesterday. Seeing it with the shoe and sock off is just plain cool.:eek: Don't worry about leaving we already had Dan sleeping on the rocks.....:D

Chrispucci

High Wheeler
The trip really was a lot of fun despite the bum ankle and all the breakage. Overall I thought my truck kicked butt!! I had a couple 1st for my truck - layed it all the way over on it's side - and restarted it and drove it out from it's side! I also had no "maintanence" issues or stupid breakages... I think I have finally built, rebuilt, replaced all the factory/old stuff with new stuff.

Mike's truck ran awesome the whole time - with a little more practice he will be a pretty good rock crawler.

Dan's truck sustained ZERO breakage and was the model wheeler for the trip.

John's Terra on Propane ran great -- did have some trouble with his breaks -- and the little problem with his front differential :D But when it came to wheeling he made it through the same tough spots Dan and Mike did.

Phil was a late arrival and suffered some set backs due to his smallish tires -- but when he wasn't high centered he did amazing for a full bodied Scout.

Great run overall!!

Carl Wiese

Staff member
Awesome!! Thanks for the pics guys and I am glad to hear everyone made it out with minor damage!! Once again Dan puts on a great trail run and shows everyone up by coming away unscathed, I guess he needs some more power huh?? I can't wait to have a chance to watch the video. I was thinking about you guys last night, waiting for out troopers in the Banks area to run some rig pulling a Scout on a trailer, but nope. Thanks again for the great IHSOT trail ride.

Loretta Donnelly

Farmall Cub
ok Phil, next time I want to ride with!!!! Looks like I might need to take a trauma nursing refresher course first, but I am still sorry I missed it.

Keep it elevated Chris, and ice helps too. :wheelchair:

Monte Lauer

Farmall Cub
Of all the damage I saw yesterday and that I brought home on Uber Scout. That ankle is the worst. It hurt me to look at it with your sock on yesterday. Seeing it with the shoe and sock off is just plain cool.:eek: Don't worry about leaving we already had Dan sleeping on the rocks.....:D

Chris I am sorry about the ankle. Carnage is supposed happen to the rigs not to yourself.:thumbs down:

binderbound

High Wheeler
Chris hurt himself so he wouldnt have to walk back down and help fix rigs and spot. He wanted to get home to his cozy couch and a hot meal :D

I left my camera in my scouts glove box.....at my old mans. So, it might be a few days before my pics make it up.

I had so much fun, might wanna do this again next year:gun_bandana:

michaeldimock

Binder Driver
Got a little video all made up. It's about 5 min long, and I'll bring some dvd's for all at the next meeting. Thanks for letting me come along, as it was a great way to spend a saturday, and part of sunday!:sailor:

jhnyct

High Wheeler
Got a little video all made up. It's about 5 min long, and I'll bring some dvd's for all at the next meeting. Thanks for letting me come along, as it was a great way to spend a saturday, and part of sunday!:sailor:

I am probably not going to be able to make the next meeting to see the video.:stuart: Could you post it up on youtube or something for all to see?

binderbound

High Wheeler

Cant wait to see it. I'm glad you came out. I hope your folks weren't too mad about how late you were out:eek: Hopefully it gave you some ideas on your rig. Maybe a middle of the road build. Not a beater like mine but not Uber like mikes.

michaeldimock

Binder Driver
Sure, I'll post it on youtube, or I might get carl to post it on IHSTO's web site. Working on more than 1 video to put on the dvd, as I have more video footage than pics. The software that came w/ the computer only alows me to make a vid with 3 short movies, 50 pics, and 3 songs. Maybe I can combine the vids multiple times to make 1 long video. Will be working on it. :beta1:

binderbound

High Wheeler
Sure, I'll post it on youtube, or I might get carl to post it on IHSTO's web site. Working on more than 1 video to put on the dvd, as I have more video footage than pics. The software that came w/ the computer only alows me to make a vid with 3 short movies, 50 pics, and 3 songs. Maybe I can combine the vids multiple times to make 1 long video. Will be working on it. :beta1:

I just got through watching a pre release, boot leg copy of the DVD. Its pretty dam n cool. For what footage he had to work with and no real editing software, I'm impressed.:rockon:

I think Michael needs to be the official trail ride film crew.:gun_bandana: 3 things though... we gotta get him a real video camera, some real editing software, and unsigned music. That way we can produce videos and try and sell them for the club.

michaeldimock

Binder Driver
Well, sounds good to me! Since my parents wouldn't let me play football, I decided to film the games through high school so I could be w/ the team. In my small school, the team was pretty much the same in all three sports. Got some timed logged onto the camcorder already, but I was surprised how well that little camera could take video. Some better software would be nice too!:stuart: That way, I could get more of the video in and less other s#!%. Glad you liked it.:beta1: