BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grille Conversion

2021 Arizona International Harvester Rendezvous

‘80_Scout_II

Farmall Cub
I currently have an SSII Grille on my 1980 Scout II and in the process of swapping it out for the original square headlight grille. I did not know, but upon removing the front grille panel of the SSII Grille there is a metal frame of sorts which is bolted and has circular cutouts for the round headlight buckets. While talking to the guys at Scout Plus before I bought the grille I assumed it simply bolts on directly and there was no metal back plate. My main question is if I would need a metal back frame with cutouts for the square headlights or if the 1980 grille just bolts on by itself?
Thank you

Patrick Morris

Lives in an IH Dealership
I think the "frame" you're talking about would have to be the front sheet-metal piece from a 77-79 Scout. On all real SSIIs that was left in place. The plastic SSII grill cover simply attached on top of it.

To illustrate, you probably have this standard piece underneath the plastic, added by a previous owner:
s-l1600-82.jpg

Last edited: