BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great Lakes Trading Post

Friends of BinderPlanet Facebook Group

SSIIbuild

Binder Driver
J-
THanks again for the parts man...The axle was indeed 4.10 gears, popped the cover this morning (45-11) :beer:

Hopefully it will go in within' a few days...will keep you posted.

Not really sure about the lockouts:cornfused:

Anyone know about the original IH (auto) lockouts???

look a lot different than my others that came off the '77.

They came off my 77 SSII. What do yours look like?
More like the other ones that I had disassembled?

rhouser30

Binder Driver
giving this away for free, bowed out some, im not going to use it. if its not gone by this weekend, its getting trashed

IMG_5413.jpg

top for sale that you use with the terra top that covers the bed. Will need a lift gate for it, looks like a scout one may work for it but not sure. good shape not perfect, needs cleaned up some. always interested in trades. cash 200

michigan scout

High Wheeler
You should not throw it out...someone will take it. I would hold onto it...if I was closer I would come over and pic it up...unless you want to take a drive in your terra to Lansing :punk:

B

bigeberger

Latest SNAFU !!
The power steering pump I pulled off a '77 rolling chassis for my 800A build should work fine (maybe) - however there was no mounting bracket on it------UGH. I am looking for a Scout II mounting bracket that will allow me to bolt the pump on to the engine. I have the swing portion that allows you to set the belt tension, but not the mounting bracket. (Engine is a 304V8)

Does anyone have a spare bracket off a Scout II like this?

B

bigeberger

D-
Thanks man! I think the steering pump is going to work...

Any chance you have a set of decent working front manual IH lockouts for a Scout II Dana 44 front axle?

Thanks. Rob

pweeks3

High Wheeler
Guys,
I have a set of Dana 44 axle shafts, front and rear, that belong to Tony Mohammed. He's not really active in the Scout world right now and wants to sell them. He's looking for $100 if anyone is interested. Just contact me if interested. (734) 693-0082.

rhouser30

Binder Driver
time to get rid of all my extra parts, let me know what you guys need, i live near fort wayne, all extra stuff needs to go, price is NOT firm, need this stuff gone

traveler / terra hitch 50.00
terra top 125
bulk head 75
swing out spare tire carrier 400.00
tilt steering wheel 30.00
bushwacker fender flares 125.00
traveler fiberglass quarters 100.00 per side
fiberglass fenders 60 per side
terra roll bar 75.00
desent steel fenders, may need patch at bottom 20.00
center console with cupholders in great shape 100.00

i have parts trucks also, not sure if i am parting them out or selling them hole, one parts truck is pretty much just engine 345 4 barrel i think, and axles, axles have new front disk brakes, the other parts scout is complete and has alot of good parts.

need this stuff gone asap

dseriesowner

Farmall Cub
I have two transmissions that I really have no use for right now. They are both out of Scouts. I really have no idea what condition either of the trannys are in. They came along with a couple engines I bought a couple years back. One looks like the 727 torqueflight and the other is a 3 speed manual with a married transfer case. The manual has no bell housing. Any questions just ask and I will do my best to help you out. I have no way of shipping so it would be pickup only or we might be able to arrange something. Make me an offer. I have problems loading pictures on here so get me your email and I can send you some pics. Lets make a deal.

Todd Hoffman

Farmall Cub
For sale; 73 Travelette 1210 short bed, step side 4x4. I bought this truck a few months ago with the intentions of fixing it up. I have decided that the only way that I am ever going to get concrete in my shop so that I can work on some of my six IH projects is if I get rid of a couple of projects. I already have another Travelette, so this one may have to get finished by someone else. I thought about parting it out but it deserves better. You can get some of the info from my thread a couple of weeks back. The truck looks to have a rebuilt 392 and I have recipts that I found in the glove box from some of the parts. The engine is missing the 4bbl carb and radiator. The truck also has a new clutch on the 4spd trans. It also looks like there are new wheel cylinders and hoses on the truck but the fronts are not hooked up now. The axles are a closed knuckle drum brake d44 front with the factory tie rod guard. The rear is a d60 and the gears are 4.10s The interior is all there and someone has recovered the seats in tan vinyl, there are no rips in the seats. The body is not great. There is rust above the windshield. The inner fenders have been patched. The doors are in good shape but the right rear has a dent. the right rocker is good but the left is rusted on the back side. Both front floors have been patched with panels from Super Scout but it wasn't done well and needs to be re-welded. The bed has its share of rust but nothing is in danger of falling off or anything just some holes. The tailgate is in pretty good shape (no holes). Truck has an old winch bumper on the front that is bent a little and could use some new mounts but there was no winch. Has p/s but no p/b. Has a factory fuel tank mounted in the bed and other tank is there also. I hate to see it go but I need to get going on other projects and that is hard to do with a stone floor in my shop. I was going to list it on the Binder Planet classifides but I thought that I would give the locals first chance at it. I'm asking $1200.00 and it may be worth more in parts and scrap but I can't do that to it. PM me or give me a call @260-602-5613 if you have any questions or need more info.

dseriesowner

Farmall Cub
D Series Truck Parts

I have a few used parts off my trucks that I'm looking to get rid of.

Automatic Steering Column (black, non-tilt, left turn does not cancel) $100 obo

Grill Outer Shell (Straight, No Dings, Primer Gray like that when I purchased it, Headlight Rings Included, Fits 69-73) $100 obo

Grill Insert (Honeycomb Style, Rare in good shape if I'm not mistaken, Out of a '71, Clean, Not Cracked, One little chip but not too noticeable, Want to see it go to a good useful home. May sell emblem as well. Make offer.

Torqueflight Transmission (Out of a Scout, Mileage Unknown, Converter Included) $100 or make offer.

Torqueflight Transmission (Out of a D Series Truck, 76,000 Miles, Converter Included) 125 or make offer.

3 Speed Manual Transmission (Out of a Scout, Mileage Unknown, No bell housing, Transfer Case Included) $100 or make offer.

Parting Out One 304 and One 345 Engine. ( Parts Available, May Trade, Always Seeking Parts For My 1969 D Series ) Make Offer

I have no way of shipping right now so picking up or meeting someplace are my only options. Thanks!

Attachments

• 2011-04-02 13.32.25.jpg
    2011-04-02 13.32.25.jpg
    615.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 2011-04-02 13.43.42.jpg
    2011-04-02 13.43.42.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 20
  • 2011-04-02 13.39.51.jpg
    2011-04-02 13.39.51.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 20
  • 168.JPG
    168.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 17
  • 169.JPG
    169.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
J

jbuckhanan

aquabacchus

Farmall Cub
This isn't my truck, but I just saw this over the weekend parked on the side of the road near Elkhorn, WI. Hope it goes to a good home.

Matt

Attachments

• red-truck03.jpg
    red-truck03.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 35
  • red-truck01.jpg
    red-truck01.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 33
  • red-truck02.jpg
    red-truck02.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 31

Dennis Bernth

Staff member
Man, if the timing was better, I'd snag it, I really would like to have another Traveler. I didn't realize how much difference there is between the Scout II and Traveler as far as ride and all, and I miss it. Course there is the matter that I have everything needed (including a freshly rebuilt auto trans, a set of good 3.54 axles, and a couple sets of 118" WB driveshafts) to make it four wheel drive....you guys shouldn't do this to me!

Friends of BinderPlanet Facebook Group
2022 Arizona International Harvester Rendezvous