BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

$GOLD DIGGER$ new 800B for 800BMAN

Friends of BinderPlanet Facebook Group

800bman

High Wheeler
The sun is shining today but it’s only 3 degrees with the windchill, so I’ve finally decided to post a new build thread even though I probably have six others unfinished. My goal with posting this is to help other members feel more productive than I am haha! In preparation, I’ve started doing a few things months ago so I can post old pictures and make it seem like I’ve been very busy :shifty:
Who knows maybe it’s been years, but no one else will know besides me right?:sweatdrop:

The previous owner of my Scout reached out to me initially. It was a first, but that’s what makes it a good story. He Teased me with emails for a month stringing me along without any pictures, to the point I wasn’t sure if it was a prank or a time waster. Eventually I was given pictures and I got really excited.:taz:
2230268E-C7FF-4AD4-9F38-5564F5FEBBF1.jpeg
73A1F157-C8D2-43EB-B519-02B11F9E1B4B.jpeg

800bman

High Wheeler
After talking with the owner for a few hours I learned this 1971 800B was quite original and spent most of its time in Arizona and California. He was the caretaker for almost 20 years and discovered it in a subdivision where he lived. From the factory it was a “doll up” package, being built with a 304 v8 and a 4 speed manual transmission. I’ve seen a dozen or so 800b’s in this color with a similar doll up package and I’ve always wondered if a few dealers on the west coast had their own special package, like a “gold key” edition. Anyhow being a huge 800B fan, I knew I had to have it! The Scout had been non op for several years, and the owner was generous enough to take some of his free time to get Gold Digger back on his feet and ready for transport.
Props for the name ‘Gold Digger’ go out to my friend Tom, aka Flatpick on the BP, thanks Pal! :clap:
C2DF6208-BF05-4CF0-9F09-8BED6DC058FB.jpeg
5AEBC4EE-EFA6-42F7-9093-DD8482A997DC.jpeg
6F9A11CB-416E-4510-AAD3-56B393564E66.jpeg

I’ve shipped several scouts before, but this was the first time I was able to get such a fancy transport situation, being a single load on the back of a semi! I thought it was pretty cool...:cool2:

Kohler

Farmall Cub
Awesome find! I'd like to get an 800B as my next project but I don't have a chance in finding one locally. Is shipping a difficult process? I always assumed there would have to be a lot of trust between the buyer and seller...

800bman

High Wheeler
Awesome find! I'd like to get an 800B as my next project but I don't have a chance in finding one locally. Is shipping a difficult process? I always assumed there would have to be a lot of trust between the buyer and seller...
There are a lot of horror stories with shipping to be sure! Best bet is going with reputation, not the cheapest estimate, and referrals. I have a guy I’ve used for years if you ever need a quote...

jmait769

High Wheeler
I’ve started doing a few things months ago so I can post old pictures and make it seem like I’ve been very busy :shifty:
Who knows maybe it’s been years, but no one else will know besides me right?:sweatdrop:
Shhh.......don’t let the secret out!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Looking forward to the progress you’ve made in all these years of ownership! Lol! :thumbs up:

jmait769

High Wheeler
Josh, it really is a beaut!! Hard to find them these days in that condition and when that truck pulled up to your house I know you had a big grin! Did you get the LST?

800bman

High Wheeler
Josh, it really is a beaut!! Hard to find them these days in that condition and when that truck pulled up to your house I know you had a big grin! Did you get the LST?
I still need to get the line set ticket. 80% of the line set is still hanging on the the passenger upper floor so I can read a portion of it. :dig:
When the truck pulled up, she was followed by a gentleman for the last 15 mins because he wanted to buy it from me! Before I even took delivery haha! The driver said she had been approached three times about selling it on her journey!!! :gun_bandana:

oneof3k

High Wheeler
Not quite close enough to the CO San Juan Mnts
The only question I have relates to the delivery driver. More please :tt1:.

I know you won't disclose the number of Scouts in your harem, so why are we are being teased about the "ownership" years. Time to come clean Josh.

That truly looks like a doll. My Apache Gold CS is growing on me every time I look at her. Interior/kick plates/etc. look as nice as the outside?

Final note. I wager that you are going to yank that engine and put in a LS, auto, 35s, three roll bars, and 24 driving lights. And don't forget about the step ladder you will need after a 12 inch lift. That might just make it (is it a him or her) presentable!

I'm jealous :yes:.

800bman

High Wheeler
Linda was definitely a special woman in my life, because she delivered this gem to me. Unfortunately she wasn’t my type. I can try and dig up her number for you though Ed... she was more like a Roseanne Barr type. I’m more of a Kate Hudson guy haha!
58B12930-0E49-477A-9354-052E2AB99097.jpeg

oneof3k

High Wheeler
Not quite close enough to the CO San Juan Mnts
After looking at the pics some more, I see a dent above the PS marker light, something like an electrical connection/cover ? on the front bumper, and the front shackles don't look stock. I could probably take it off your hands so you can devote serious attention to all the other unfinished builds :winkiss:.

Friends of BinderPlanet Facebook Group
2022 Arizona International Harvester Rendezvous