BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Floor pans or patch panels for 1971 scout 800?

Friends of BinderPlanet Facebook Group

71scout800b

Farmall Cub
Here in lyes a question that will spark some tension.

I am building a 4x2 1971 Scout 800B. The body has some needs but my main focus at this point is getting it safely on the road. My fist step is replacing the rusted out floor pans. I have been unable to find a set of replacement floor pans for what I feel is a reasonable price. That being said is there any harm in sand blasting, cutting out the rusted sections, and welding in patch panels with new sheet metal? I will then rubber coat the underside of the truck when I finish making my patches. As far as the interior look is concerned I plan on rubber coating and fully carpeting the floor which will cover any "ugly" welds.
:wrenching:
No purest knocks please. I have two four wheel drive trucks that get terrible fuel mileage and this little truck is going to be my daily driver with a 4.3 V6, 4L60e, and 10 bolt rear end.

250gibson

Binder Driver
Here in lyes a question that will spark some tension.

I am building a 4x2 1971 Scout 800B. The body has some needs but my main focus at this point is getting it safely on the road. My fist step is replacing the rusted out floor pans. I have been unable to find a set of replacement floor pans for what I feel is a reasonable price. That being said is there any harm in sand blasting, cutting out the rusted sections, and welding in patch panels with new sheet metal? I will then rubber coat the underside of the truck when I finish making my patches. As far as the interior look is concerned I plan on rubber coating and fully carpeting the floor which will cover any "ugly" welds.
:wrenching:
No purest knocks please. I have two four wheel drive trucks that get terrible fuel mileage and this little truck is going to be my daily driver with a 4.3 V6, 4L60e, and 10 bolt rear end.

Why go through all that trouble, just get some 16ga steel and bend up your own using what is existing as a template

cosmicgigs

Farmall Cub
That is what I did, completely from the tunnel out to the rockers. I do have the body on my rotessorie which really helps.

Attachments

• Scout 012.jpg
    Scout 012.jpg
    797.6 KB · Views: 1,840
  • Scout 018.jpg
    Scout 018.jpg
    776.5 KB · Views: 1,463
  • Scout 017.jpg
    Scout 017.jpg
    624.8 KB · Views: 867
  • Scout 002.jpg
    Scout 002.jpg