BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Field Find 1977 Scout II

2021 Arizona International Harvester Rendezvous

SeanStevens24

Farmall Cub
Hello everyone! Recently, at my friend's farm, I found and have started working on a 1977 Scout II with the 345 and three speed automatic. It was last driven in mid 1998, and was then parked outside of a barn for the next 21 years until I found it. I'm trying to get it to run and drive. The ignition is frozen, so I've just decided to just bypass that until I get a new one. The problem I've come across now is with the starter. I tried bumping it from the battery (the engine is not stuck) but it doesn't turn the engine over. I took the starter out, and it works fine, but once it's back in the block, the only thing I hear is the gear push out and then a buzz from the starter motor. What's the problem? Do I need a new starter? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff Jamison

Lives in an IH Dealership
Welcome,you have posted this in a vender area( anything scout sells parts and builds scouts)more people will see and coment if you move it to the General IH tech area.Sounds like a weak battery or dirty cables to me.