BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cub Questions

2021 Arizona International Harvester Rendezvous
B

brotella

I saw yesterday there was a cub for sale down the street form me. I've only had JD tractors before, but I thought with all the Scouts I have, maybe I need an IH tractor.

I didn't talk to the owner, but his wife said it runs good, and she thought he wanted $1,200 for it, maybe less.

The metal was straight, but looked like it had the original paint job.
The tires were rotted, but not worn, and all held air well.
It had a PTO, but didn't look like the typical 540 PTO
It had some oil leaks in back
Everything appeared to be in working order
No attachments included

Cub Spec's?
What's it worth?

EdDarowski

Farmall Cub
Price is probably close to average, for New York, I would say. Oil leaks,in the final drives, not difficult to fix. Sometimes caused by overfilled transmission, either from operator error, or water, in the tranny. This could be from rainwater,leaking in the shift lever, or even years of condensation. If you happen to get it, www.farmallcub.com is the place to go for help. Contact me, if you have any more questions. I have 6 of them. Ed

WesV

Y-Block King
Well is this an original Farmall Cub as seen here:
farmall%20cub.JPG

Or an IH Cub Lo-Boy as seen here:
78392.jpg

Once we know which it is then we can tell you some specs!

EdDarowski

Farmall Cub
Wes, your second picture is of a "number series" lo-boy. The earlier ones, look like the first picture, only lower, with a shorter wheelbase. They were frequently yellow and white. Ed

John Donnelly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Price is probably close to average, for New York, I would say. Oil leaks,in the final drives, not difficult to fix. Sometimes caused by overfilled transmission, either from operator error, or water, in the tranny. This could be from rainwater,leaking in the shift lever, or even years of condensation. If you happen to get it, www.farmallcub.com is the place to go for help. Contact me, if you have any more questions. I have 6 of them. Ed

Why should he go to www.farmallcub.com for help when he can get that help here? And for that matter, why should he contact you directly when he can ask his questions here, and you can share your knowledge for the betterment of us all?

That is what this forum is for, education about preserving the IH brand in all of it's forms.

We try very hard to make this site more and more the definitive IH knowledge base, and we welcome all those that contribute freely.

-John

EdDarowski

Farmall Cub
I was merely trying to help a person, whose quetions, have not been stampeded with answers.If this offends anyone, then perhaps I am on the wrong forum. Ed

John Donnelly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I was merely trying to help a person, whose quetions, have not been stampeded with answers.If this offends anyone, then perhaps I am on the wrong forum. Ed

Offend? No.

What I don't understand is this "if you have other questions, contact me directly" stuff that seems to be happening not only here, but on other web forums as well.

The forums are for the exchange of information, and it would be my hope that those that have the information would share it on this forum, rather than only dispensing it between two persons.

After all, then we all learn, or we catch that vital tid-bit that would make us look at that basket-case we say and decide we could save it, rather than pass it by.

That is my reasoning..

-John

Jim Grammer

Editor at large
Staff member

Ed, you're going to have to try a lot harder than that to offend any of us, John included :)

This forum moves a bit slower than some of the busier ones, but there are plenty of us with Cubs and other IH tractors in addition to our Motor Truck collections. In fact, I just sold my Farmall Cub and International Cub Lo-Boy last weekend.

As John suggested, please share your knowledge in this forum so that all may benefit. Thanks :D

Brad Anderson

Farmall Cub
Appears to be a numbered series International Cub Lo-boy.

Specifically a 184 without the front grill, which was used to make it resemble the 86 series of farm tractor.

The 184 was built from 77-79 and used the 18hp version of the C-60 motor.

Brad