BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Couple IH appliances

Friends of BinderPlanet Facebook Group

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
I ran across a couple IH McCormick Deering appliances today while out and about. Never seen one of these in my life and I seen 2 in 20 minutes One an immaculate original and
the other a decent survivor. Here are a couple pictures of them.

Dave
20210727_134727.jpg
20210727_134730.jpg
20210727_142123 (1).jpg

kdsmit

Binder Driver
I think that my mom still has one of these in her basement. We used it for many years to separate the cream from our milk (we had Jersey cows, so there was plenty to separate!). Then my dad and mom would make butter. They made cheese a couple of times and my dad "tried" to make cottage cheese several times, but it never turned out (more like it just turned). On the bright side, the pigs absolutely loved it!

kdsmit

Binder Driver
It's funny, I just remembered when we bought it. We were at a flea market and when my dad found it, how excited he was! It must have been cheap or else he wouldn't have bought it. I remember it was heavy too! Ours had a hand crank and an electric motor, that helped add to the weight of it. Thank God the electric motor worked, otherwise my arm would have been sore! Before we got it, we used to just pour the cream off of the top of the jug of milk, that works, but it was not the same. It did an excellent job. Once separated, we fed the "skim milk", to the pigs. When they would see us coming with the milk bucket, they would start squealing, like mad. They really liked their milk!
Thanks for the memory. It seemed like a lot of work then, but good memories now!!