BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carburetor confusion

Binder TV

taylor ehlers

Farmall Cub
Im rebuilding what i think is a 1973 holley 2bbl carb off a international 304 and i cant figure out what one of the things on the outside of the carb. If anyone could tell me what it is that would be great

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 72

Jeff Jamison

Lives in an IH Dealership
First thing welcome,see you are new.2nd you posted in a dealers area (anything scout sells parts and scouts) post up higher in the general tech area.Now on to your question,cant think of what its called but it does one of 2 things,one is for when A/C is on to turn the idol up some.The other could be when you let off the throttle fast it slows down the closing so you don't stall.

Dana Strong

Lives in an IH Dealership
Im rebuilding what i think is a 1973 holley 2bbl carb off a international 304
A Holley carburetor should have a List number (and maybe an IH part number above that) telling which version it is; it would be stamped on the outside front of the intake throat, above the metering block.
As Jeff stated, your external device is to increase idle speed under various conditions, those depending on the engine/transmission setup and the state the vehicle was first sold in (emission requirements there).