BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carb identification

Friends of BinderPlanet Facebook Group

danslaw

Farmall Cub
I have a '77 Sout II with a 2 bbl holley carb. Problem is, the PO did an engine swat taking out a 304 and put in a 345. I also have no clue where to find the carb listed on the line setting ticket. So I'm wondering if there is a way to identify the model (whether it is a 2210, 2300, etc. ). Is there a way to identify the carb without pulling it off?

FYI- I'm not real mechanically inclined, i know enough to ask the right questions most of the time, but don't have a lot of experience.

Thanks for any responses.

250gibson

Binder Driver
I have a '77 Sout II with a 2 bbl holley carb. Problem is, the PO did an engine swat taking out a 304 and put in a 345. I also have no clue where to find the carb listed on the line setting ticket. So I'm wondering if there is a way to identify the model (whether it is a 2210, 2300, etc. ). Is there a way to identify the carb without pulling it off?

FYI- I'm not real mechanically inclined, i know enough to ask the right questions most of the time, but don't have a lot of experience.

Thanks for any responses.

You can tell just by looking at it. A 2300 will have a float bowl that is attached by 4 screws from the front of the carb. A 2210 is built different, the "top" comes off the carb and that is how you get to the internals. For this reason, 2300s are much eaiser to tune/service.

rlireland

Content Team
Staff member
Here's a picture of a Holley 2300.

Roy

Attachments

• Holley2300_ID.jpg
    Holley2300_ID.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 55

Doc Stewart

Content Team
Staff member
Look at the air horn: The part that sitcks up above the lip that holds the air filter. You will see several numbers stamped into the metal. Write those numbers down and take them to the parts house. They will get the correct kit for you.

M. Mayben

High Wheeler
For DEFINITIVE IH carb identification go to this link, you will find samples of ALL variations along with additional information.

The LIST number on the Holley air horn, or main body defines exactly WHICH carb you are concerned with, and what It's OEM application is/was:

http://www.ihonlynorth.com/forums/carb-tech/

Any other carb I.D. reference is VERY generic and does NOT include all possible "variations" which "might" have been OEM on IH crap.

Oops! You must be the same "Dan" that emailed me yesterday??? I see the Utah connection!