BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Build thread photos

Friends of BinderPlanet Facebook Group

oldironoffroad

High Wheeler
Just wanted to let those that view my build threads that the photo sharing service I have been using for years has decided to change how thier site works and after December 1st they will no longer support photo sharing through message boards. I have already began downloading all the photos to my PC and WILL reload all the photos in the build threads even though it will be a lengthly process as there are over 2000 photos to reload and repost. I am pretty upset at what is taking place, but there isn't much i can do about it. Current build threads will continue as usual using a new photosharing website. :beer:

oldironoffroad

High Wheeler
Yeah Mike it sucks pretty bad. I have countless hours in creating the build threads, but what are you going to do. The site that i use is webshots.com, now becoming smilewebshots.com or some such crap. Webshots was bought out and the people that bought it want to create a photo sharing site similar to instagram and are removing the post in forum option and all existing photos on the webshots site will be deleted as of Dec. 1st.

Dennis Bernth

Staff member
If you want to use an offsite host for the pics that's cool, but why not just download the pics here with the threads when you write them up? That way, as long as the BP is functional you'll have your pics with your builds when people look them up, and if the next picture service bites the bullet you won't have to go through this again. Far as I know, BP has plenty of room to host the pics and it's nicer that way anyway, it's annoying to go to a five year old thread with some good tech and see boxes that say 'this image is no longer available' because whoever the web photo host was cut back on storage or the poster let their membership lapse.

oldironoffroad

High Wheeler
Fred you are correct things could always be worse. Just time lost so no big deal. Dennis I actually started using webshots back when BP was BB and wanted to post pictures before I was a supporting member. So I used off site hosting. I may in the future start using the BP for my new build threads.

oldironoffroad

High Wheeler
Well they pulled the plug. Please be patient while I begin the slow process of rebuilding these build threads. Thanks