BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"best year"?

Binder TV

Mike Moore

Dreams of Cub Cadets
Couple things worth noting...

binderbound said:
...If I were to go back in time and order a scout from the dealer it would be a 1980 diesel scout II(not traveler or terra), T19 wide/D300, 4.10 gears, base model interior/trim. Out of the box wheeling machine!
AFAIK in 1980 with the diesels, the only gearing options you had were 3.54 and 3.73. I don't want you to waste your time building a flux capacitor in vain. :D

scoutman800 said:
...1980 has the caster, but don't assume a dana 300 and also has no firewall plug with the wiring...
You mean the bulkhead connector? :confused:
It changed style somewhere around '77 or '78, but on up through '80 they still had a harness plug through the firewall at the fuse block...and they still cause trouble, too. ;)

Eric Underriner

Binder Driver
MY YEAR!!!!

Its a highly modified 1977 frame, a highly modified 1980 t case, a 1978 T19, 1980 tub doors tailgate and windshield frame, 1974 rear dodge axle, a 2005 Rockcrusher front axle, a 1972 Travelall 392, 2004 High Angle driveshafts and ebrake, 1985 ford rotors in the rear and early 80s cj rotors in front, mid 80s gm calipers all around, 2002 bestop jeep seats and bikini top, 1974 hood, 1977 grill, and a 1977 Title.

Johnny Cash got it right!!!! Only his was a caddie

scoutman800

Y-Block King
You mean the bulkhead connector?
It changed style somewhere around '77 or '78, but on up through '80 they still had a harness plug through the firewall at the fuse block...and they still cause trouble, too.

ya got that right mike! mine was nasty when i pulled the wiring. it wasn't the cause of my woes, but would have been at some point in time.
gotta agree the 1973 scout was the best looking. i like my traveler for the extra room to haul gear, but it's butt ugly. what me worry? :D

Ruffian

Farmall Cub
<<Next is the 76 Patriot Scout, even though it seems not much more than a color scheme.>>

now *that's* what I'd *really* like! I have a few pics of one that I'd upload, but until I find a spare $20, I'll have to be a registered user. :(

How much would one cost, I wonder.<sigh>