BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone in the Columbus, OH area?

Friends of BinderPlanet Facebook Group

im4duke

Farmall Cub
Bought a 1979 Scout II recently and am planning fixes, improvements, etc. Will be visiting SSS for an initial parts run soon, but also wondering if anyone recommends a local/closer shop for engine/drivetrain work.

Cheers,
Maxx

Jeff Jamison

Lives in an IH Dealership
We are spread out through ohio and wester Pa,ask at SSS they might know a good place around your area.Welcome to the site.

Wendell

Farmall Cub
Congrats on the Scout Maxx. Let me know if you do find any shops around the Columbus area that do not try to kill you on $$$. I have a few upgrades for my Traveler that I would rather a professional do.

im4duke

Farmall Cub
Hi, Wendell. I acquired 2 more scouts since I posted here last year. Still don’t have a go to shop for anything.

mrendos

Farmall Cub
Hey, max congrats on the scout,and it seems to be an omen once you buy one ,a herd is to follow,as far as any shops seems to be getting harder to find anyone who will do engine or tranny work, good luck

Wendell

Farmall Cub
Thanks for the heads up Maxx. I am still looking around my area of Marion Ohio for folks that know how to work on Scouts. If I find anyone I will pass it on to you as well.
Jeff let me know if you are still getting rid of any of your Scouts. I have a friend that maybe interested.

Jeff Jamison

If I do it will be a 2 wheel drive with 258,but don't know yet,just sold the traveler and the travelette at the nationals.

winchested

I'm making a trip down sometime this late spring or summer to go to SSS. 7 hour drive plus the border crossing for me. I'd love to see some rigs!

Wendell

Farmall Cub
Sounds good Jeff. Do you have any pics of your old Traveler? I love seeing those Rigs :clap:

Winchested, I am about an hour and half away from SSS here in Ohio. I go there a few times each year but always wish it was more. They are always helpful and never make me feel like the newb I am hehe.

David Banner

High Wheeler
Looking fwd to checking SSS out next month!
Figured I'd bump this thread to see if there's any IH'ers at all local to the Columbus area...

Figure I'll be outside Columbus full-time this fall. Gotta find a house WITH a shop or I told my wife I wouldn't move! :wrenching:

Thinking about moving all my tools and parts hoard is kinda depressing... But I'm excited for when it's done!

BinderLite

Farmall Cub
If I do it will be a 2 wheel drive with 258,but don't know yet,just sold the traveler and the travelette at the nationals.

2WD Scout with a 258...didn’t know they made 2WD Scouts. (I’m relatively new to the IH world though) Still considering selling?

Thanks!

Michael
c214.229.8100