BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Antique Step Van Identification.

Binder TV

Super Scout

Farmall Cub
This van was my Grandpa's old shop truck. I was always told he had an old Metro but after seeing this picture I don't think it is. I cant find anything with that Grill. Any guesses ?

Jeff Jamison

Lives in an IH Dealership
vintage truck mag izine has done a lot of articles on step vans,maybe they posted them on line.I have seen that style before but don't remember what it is.

jeff campbell

Staff member
i meant : " grumman, maybe even a " wards step van " ? you should get on FB-- " metro,Divco & step van site " lotta looking on there.

stroker3

Lives in an IH Dealership
Friend figured it out. 1940s GMC
Not sure of the years for the run time on those but we still have a 49 GMC out back. Match's that one to a tee. Our's was a old linen delivery van with a 3 speed on the column. Understand they only made about 300 of them like that . Remember riding in it while sitting on a old chair that'd move around a bit . You'd have to leave the front doors open in the summer. Right side opened like a school bus with the arm on the dash. I'd have to use the handle like the 'oh crap' grips they have today. Those things were very slow, hot and noisy as hell. My dad nicknamed it the 'Ark'...The old style "GMC " letters are on the the chrome plate by the radiator cap . FWIW they also had a wooden/plywood roof center and the updraft carb. Things would pretty much run forever.