BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An IH Bumper Jack?

Binder TV

Dana Strong

Lives in an IH Dealership
I am wondering whether anyone has any information about IH ever selling a bumper jack of the type shown (disassembled) in the accompanying pictures. As can partially be seen, this is a screw type with recirculating balls, the jaw is cast iron and the main support is a rolled, open tube. The base has the remains of a painted decal which might have said "Saginaw" near the top, and what might have been an IH is visible in the middle.
I forgot to include the crank in the picture; it has a ball bearing handle, with a swivel joint attaching that to the bent end of a 'U' shaped length of rod, the other end having short inner bends to fit into radial recesses in the screw top.
I got the jack recently from a fellow clearing out his father's garage; nothing else was IH or truck related. I seem to recall once seeing something like it in some then-current IH literature; I might actually have something with such an item in it, but I can't get to it for a while.

BTW, I did want to do a search but seem to still have to wait another 15,712,409 seconds for my next try.

Attachments

• IMG_0488.jpg
    IMG_0488.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_0489.jpg
    IMG_0489.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 238

Dana Strong

Lives in an IH Dealership
What happened? Did this thread get lost, hiding in the closet during the power outage, so nobody has seen it yet? :cornfused:

Bren B

Farmall Cub
IH did offer bumpejacks in some of their accessory catalogs (from the 70's era if i remember correctly). Basically a Hi-Lift Brand jack with an IH decal on it with an IH part number. I doubt very much that IH was actually making the jack itself.

As for your jack, from the looks of it, I personally dont think that it is an IH jack. The remnants of the symbol would say that the "I" in the "IH symbol" was black, this is not correct, it would have most likely been red with a black "H".

But really from the looks of it is is still somewhat hard to tell. Lets see what some others say?

Mike Moore

Dreams of Cub Cadets
William Griffin on this forum has one of the IH bumper jacks...unless he got rid of it...and it wasn't to ME, in which case I'm gonna hunt him down;):D

I saw it at his place once. It's a Hi-Lift with an IH decal, like Brendan said. I want to say that the decal was on the main "body" of the jack...like the cast part that moves up/down, but I can't be certain.