BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

almost new owner with some questions

1970IH800a

Farmall Cub
if I parted it out could I recoup my money? what are these parts worth? It has good (believe it or not) body panels,front and rear fenders,end caps,hood,half cap(pickup,5 bolt)D44(front and rear),great running motor with 52xxx miles!,good doors,dash,gauges,all glass,OEM hubcaps,mirrors,grirr,front cap,all lenses,dual exhaust,tranny,transfer case,hubs,wheels,wipers,etc?

Attachments

• frontd44.JPG
    frontd44.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 50
  • sc.JPG
    sc.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 44
  • scout7.jpg
    scout7.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 45
  • scout8.jpg
    scout8.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 42

db1115

High Wheeler
if I parted it out could I recoup my money? what are these parts worth? It has good (believe it or not) body panels,front and rear fenders,end caps,hood,half cap(pickup,5 bolt)D44(front and rear),great running motor with 52xxx miles!,good doors,dash,gauges,all glass,OEM hubcaps,mirrors,grirr,front cap,all lenses,dual exhaust,tranny,transfer case,hubs,wheels,wipers,etc?

Whether or not you could recoup your money is a tough question without knowing how much you paid for it. I would check the fenders, quarters, and endcaps real closely. Chances are you will find they have been repaired. Whether or not it was done "right" is another question. Looking at the other "repairs" I would have serious concerns. Run a magnet over all the body panels and check the backside of them closely.

tinjet

Farmall Cub
The body pics look good. I would have to agree with db1115 though on the body panels. Check them good. I'm sure you will find some filler in there somewhere, but if it's not to bad it would be a shame to part that out. How about the floors? Why don't you look for a donor rig that still has a good frame?

tereto69

Farmall Cub
I can't really tell from the pic's, is the frame rusted through? From what i see it would be a shame to part it out becuase of some surface rust down below. No doubt their are some rust issues, but you will hardly ever find one that doesn't.

1970IH800a

Farmall Cub
well both floorbaords and shot,the sills are shot,the heared where the rear of the floorboards attach has some rust perforating through it,the inner fenderwells are rusted through,you can see througe the engine compartment to the tires in the front(@ front of the wells) the entire bed is shot,as for the chassis,there are 2 aeras that are questionable,they arent rusted through,but you can push a screwdriver through the flaky rust on one side of the frame,Id hate to part it out also,but Im trying to be realistic

Gary Billings

Dreams of Cub Cadets
Once the bed sides start rotting out like in the 1st pic in post # 7, I part out the truck, no matter what the rest looks like.

I would suggest buying another western or southern truck (maybe just a bare tub w/frame that someone else has robbed parts off of) and make one good truck out of the two.

Heck, right now Phil Coonrod has a few Scouts that he'd part out and ship you the tub.

-Gary

lwowen

Farmall Cub
Gary is right on. Get another one (or two). Lots of good stuff on her. ebay has some nice disk conversion kits. To bad your not out west... I have 71 800b frame.

GL

1970IH800a

Farmall Cub
Once the bed sides start rotting out like in the 1st pic in post # 7, I part out the truck, no matter what the rest looks like.

I would suggest buying another western or southern truck (maybe just a bare tub w/frame that someone else has robbed parts off of) and make one good truck out of the two.

Heck, right now Phil Coonrod has a few Scouts that he'd part out and ship you the tub.

-Gary

Gary, thanks for the advice,could you pm me the contact info for Phil.
Jerry