BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

800 Sagging Doors

2021 Arizona International Harvester Rendezvous

Greg704

Farmall Cub
I have a 1967 Scout 800. i bought new hinges, put them on.
first problem.

The door opening is now 3/4 of an inch to small. i'm hoping i can put a jack in there and open it up. The problem is due the my body work i'm sure.

Next,

the door still had a huge sag in it. way low. Is there a way to adjust the hinges??

Any help please.... Thanks

BuffScout

Farmall Cub
Before you put your new hinges on, did you replace all body bushings? New bushings will make a big difference if you haven't already replaced them. Did you get the correct ih hinges?

guidolyons

High Wheeler
^^^ How are your body mounts? There are 9 (1 strip under radiator, 2 under driver/passenger floor, 2 mid-body mounts under the bed by the step, and 4 along the back crossmember) The driver & passenger mounts as well as the mid-body mounts tend to sag/collapse/break off the frame.

Did you mark the doors and jambs before you swapped hinges? There is a small amount of adjustment in the hinges. The hinges bolt to a captured nut plate that "floats" in the door jamb and door. Loosen up the mounting bolts slightly and you can move the hinges around a bit ~1/4". A 1/4" at the hinge can make a big difference at the latch.