78 Scout II Panel removal

Discussion in 'General IH Tech' started by Tremor, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Tremor

Tremor Farmall Cub

Hey again all, just had a question regarding front fender and inner rocker removal. Just started my biggest project yet of removing and replacing the driver's side floor, mount, wedge, kick panel, patching the fender, and inner and outer rockers. I was wondering what the process of removing the front fender is. I have pulled all the bolts around the wheel well and got the 2 that attaches to the grill and the doorframe bolts but it seems it still will not give. I was also wondering if anyone knows if I need to pull the back one as well for doing inner rockers as that seems to be the case but still not sure of the process on that one, figuring it out as I go with the manual and as many build walkthroughs as I can.

Thanks again everyone,

Sam

2. 77GlacierBlue

77GlacierBlue Farmall Cub

The fender should come off if you get all the bolts. Did you get the ones behind the headlight? Under the hood? Keep looking, there are a bunch of bolts but I don't think there is any other tricks to it.

As you know, the outer rocker wraps around the inner rocker. It might be possible to remove the inner rocker from the inside of the outer rocker and put a new one in but I'm not sure about that. I would think if you're doing a full length inner you might need to do the outer also. If you do that you will have to cut off the bottom of the rear quarter panel in front of the rear wheel so you can get to the whole rocker. They make a patch to repair the rear quarter panel in that area afterward. Or you could replace the whole quarter panel but that's a whole different bunch of work. Have fun!

Attached Files:

Tremor likes this.
  3. 77GlacierBlue

Looking back at my pics I guess it would probably be possible to remove the inner rocker without disturbing the outer rocker or paint. If you're trying not to mess with the outer rocker you probably wouldn't need to cut the quarter panel. I'm not saying it would be easy but it might be possible.

Attached Files:

Tremor likes this.
  4. Tremor

Tremor Farmall Cub

Hey, thanks for the reply and the photos it's super helpful to me right now actually! And my apologizes for poor wording, what I should have said is I got the outers off but wasn't sure how to get the inner's off but now I know (luckily I have to cut the back quarter in that exact patch spot for rust anyways). Thanks again!

77GlacierBlue likes this.
  5. 77GlacierBlue

If those pics helped, these might also. Not saying I did it 100% correctly. Just this is how I did it.

Attached Files:

Tremor likes this.
  6. 77GlacierBlue

Attached Files:

Tremor likes this.
  7. 77GlacierBlue

Attached Files:

Tremor likes this.
  8. 77GlacierBlue

Attached Files:

Tremor likes this.
  9. 77GlacierBlue

Attached Files:

Tremor likes this.
  10. 77GlacierBlue

Sorry for the mess. I was having issues uploading multiple images. Finally figured it out on the last one. :stupid: