BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

78 Scout II missing and cut lines

Binder TV

Tremor

Farmall Cub
Hey everyone, just needed some help. Bought a 1978 Scout II and now I am realizing how many lines have been cut and plugged under the hood. I got the scout with its original ac compressor trashed and in a bin in the back seat so I assume a few of them if not most are various AC lines. I also am assuming some were possibly emissions but I am not 100% sure and just wanted to see if anyone could help me identify them. The scout runs fine as of now so I'm not 100% sure. I have labeled all cut or plugged lines and one electrical line in the below image. I am assuming 4 runs to the air filter, 1 and 6 I know are coolant overflow and windshield fluid but do not know where they run to for the top lines. I have checked the repair manuals as much as I can but just wanted to check with you guys. I really appreciate the help.
InkedInkedIMG_5820_LI - Copy.jpg
InkedIMG_5876_LI - Copy.jpg

winchested

Dreams of Cub Cadets
1. Overflow bottle vent, can run a hose down the side of inner fender if you care not needed.

2. Unsure not very visible, can't think of anything behind the battery.

3. smog air injection (the rest of system is missing)

4. flame arrest or to base of air cleaner.

5. smog air injection (the rest of system is missing)

6. Wiper bottle vent, no hose needed.

7. Vac advance hose to carb, needs to be hooked to spark advance port on carb or full vacuum.

8. Dryer line from A/C I believe.

theloneduck

Binder Driver
There is no top line for the radiator and windshield washer overflows. I ran a hose down and zip tied it for radiator overflow but that was just bc I wanted to keep it somewhat cleaner than straight out the top.
The rest, not sure. What engine and carb you got in it?

theloneduck

Binder Driver
1. Overflow bottle vent, can run a hose down the side of inner fender if you care not needed.

2. Unsure not very visible, can't think of anything behind the battery.

3. smog air injection (the rest of system is missing)

4. flame arrest or to base of air cleaner.

5. smog air injection (the rest of system is missing)

6. Wiper bottle vent, no hose needed.

7. Vac advance hose to carb, needs to be hooked to spark advance port on carb or full vacuum.

8. Dryer line from A/C I believe.
Looks like winchested beat me to it.

Tremor

Farmall Cub
There is no top line for the radiator and windshield washer overflows. I ran a hose down and zip tied it for radiator overflow but that was just bc I wanted to keep it somewhat cleaner than straight out the top.
The rest, not sure. What engine and carb you got in it?
345 v8 with a 2bbl holley. Thanks again

Patrick Morris

Lives in an IH Dealership
If the engine was set up like my '78, the vac advance should be connected to the port at the front of the carb, the one under the fuel bowl. (PITA to get to with carb in place unfortunately.) Sam (Tremor) should confirm it by looking at that sticker on the cowl. Right now that carb port looks like it's connected one of the vac thermal switches on the back manifold. Might be an AC thing. The sticker will confirm where all the remaining vacuum hoses should go at least.

That's kind of a funky looking vac advance connection. Might be super old. I would test it with a gauged vac hand pump to make sure it still holds vacuum as they do go bad eventually.

And the temp sender's lead (wire) seems to be just floating there in the air; not connected.