BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

66 IH Travelall Motor and 3 speed transmission

Binder TV

Chade

Farmall Cub

This is a good running 304 motor. 3 speed has a click in first gear that's concerning.
I have lots of other parts too, radiator, brake drums and rear end to be pulled out soon.
Let me know what you need and what it's worth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chade

Farmall Cub
1966 304 motor and transmission near Owensboro Ky

Chade

Farmall Cub
I will check in the morning. It is a 2wd Travelall.

Chade

Farmall Cub
Ok I'm new on this so didn't know where to go.
Thanks

Chade

Farmall Cub
Drums are 11"

Craig68

Farmall Cub
I know it's been a few months, but do you still have parts available?
Looking for front drums 11"x2" 5 lug. For my 66 2WD 1000A
Craig

Chade

Farmall Cub
I do have the front drums, back plates and spindles. Have the rearend, driveshaft, steering linkage, steering column and lots of odds and ends available.

Craig68

Farmall Cub
Great. My front drums are out of round and have been machined too many times, so they're out of spec.
Anyway to know the status of yours?
Also, I think we have matching tinted windows, one of my rear corner ones is cracked, can't remember which one right now, will check later.

Chade

Farmall Cub
Mine worked perfectly last fall when I removed them. But now I've converted my Travelall to four wheel discs. I don't have any windows to sell. I do have a full set of wheels and moons for IH trucks. Moons have rust on them.

Craig68

Farmall Cub
I would have to get the drums machined, but do you have a brake shop that can measure the drums and see if they are still machinable?
I don't want to have them shipped all the way here to find they can't be used.
Also, they should be 5 lugs on a 4 1/2" circle. With 2 3/4" between lug bolts and the center hub hole should have a diameter of 2 3/4".
I asked a local IH guy here and he said there were 3 different 11" drums of different sizes. So I just want to make sure.
Thanks much

Chade

Farmall Cub
I can get all the measurements and micrometer the drum thickness. I know it's 4.5 inch bolt pattern and already measured the drum at 11" for another guy. I want to sell the complete assembly, spindle, backplate, wheel cylinder and drum. Passenger and driver side worked perfectly last summer and fall. $100 for both complete units. If this is agreeable my zip code is 42351. Get a shipping quote to see if it's worth our time to go any further. I didn't convert my Travelall to discs because they were bad. I wanted better stopping power and upgraded all the running gear to 4 wheel discs. This truck only has 92,000 miles.

Craig68

Farmall Cub
If we use USPS priority mail, then the weight doesn't matter, it'll just be a flat rate of about 20$ per large box 12x12x5.5".
I think one whole drum and stuff will fit one box. I hope. See what you think.
Otherwise 100 + shipping is good.
So yes, please get the measurements and if they are good and serviceable, then we can go for it.
Nice low mileage!!!
BTW - if there is room in the box, I might have you check for a few other things!
I'll PM you.
Craig

Chade

Farmall Cub
My cell is (270) 363-1911 email chad@2gryphon.com

Would you rather I set up an eBay for sale item?

Offers buyer and seller protection. I'll get the drum thickness Tuesday when I return to work. I'll get everything out of shed today and get photos.

Chad

Friends of BinderPlanet Facebook Group
Binder TV