BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Annual NW IH Poker Run

Friends of BinderPlanet Facebook Group

Mark Ashford

Moderator.. or something
Staff member
You can make it.
if you can't get your IH running and driving I'll loan you my 72 travelall!!

It runs, just runs like crap. 2100 carbs are a pain. My old ProJection may be going on in this weekend. Its also missing a tooth on the flex plate, so every once in a while if it stops in the wrong spot... no starty.

That's a tranny R&R....

Atleast it cleaned up pretty good :punk: Been a LOOOONG time since I've worked and driven a stock height scout.... with doors :eek:

Bill USN-1

Staff member
If it's been that long you better pack an extra fuel filter.

As bad as projection was, it's still a step above a carb. The closed loop kit helped some.

Bill USN-1

Staff member
Just wanted to post a little update and a tip.
There are many small State parks over here to see and enjoy. If you live here in WA you may want to think about getting the Discover pass. It allows you unlimited access to all State parks for $30. Most of the parks have a $10/day use fee. So 3 trips/visits throughout the yr pay for the pass.
If you or someone in your family is disabled then you can get the pass for free.

Right now the weather for the weekend here on the island is looking very nice with only a 10% chance of rain. So the odds are in our favor.

Looking forward to Saturday.

Bill USN-1

Staff member
For those coming from the south be advised there was just a bridge collapse on I5 near mount Vernon.
Here is a link to a bypass around the bridge which is actually a nice route.

Google map detour

Bill USN-1

Staff member
You said you were taking the Mukilteo ferry. right?
That would be another good alternative to come up from the south also.

Mark Ashford

Moderator.. or something
Staff member
We're probably out.

Truck is just barely ready (or more correctly barely not ready), got a busy rest of the week and next week on top of that to prepare for, wife's back's a little pissed and the bridge debacle on top of all that is going to make any travel in that area just another degree of PITA, 90% sure we are going to have to skip.

Weather is looks "meh" as well, and since we will be effectively top-less...

Subject to change. If the bridge didn't happen and the weather was going to be extra nice we would have found a way... but now, the wife's not so enthusiastic... We'll see.

Bill USN-1

Staff member
The island weather for sat is showing the best of the weekend at sunny all day.
Our weather is always a little better than the mainland.

The reports say than northbound is getting diverted thru Mount Vernon at College way so the route I gave has you exiting before that. It takes you past the Tulip fields.

No doubt traffic will be heavier on the holiday weekend but it sounds like the traffic patterns are already established.

Bill USN-1

Staff member
For those coming from the south, you may want to look at options like the Mukilteo Ferry.

Obviously this accident is going to impact traffic all up and down I-5.
There are a number of exits south that can be taken to the west and followed parallel to I-5.

Leave a little earlier and plan to relax and have a good time while your here.

Catfish

Farmall Cub
Bill,

I just wanted to say thank you so much for organizing this! My 12 year old son and I had a blast and it is probably the best quality time we have spent together in a while. He enjoyed it all. He thought the trucks were cool to look at, the bbq was tasty, the drive was fun (and absolutely beautiful) and he is thrilled with the plaques you gave out.

I am just still on cloud nine. Please do this again and please consider our spot reserved!

Kirk

A1911Handler

Farmall Cub
Bill.

What an awesome drive you and Leslie setup for all of us. The weather was great, the food was incredible and the hospitality made Christy and I feel right at home.

Christy and I had a great weekend, and thank you for hosting us at your place.

For those of you who missed it this year, you missed a ton of fun.

Pictures to follow...

Bill USN-1

Staff member
I made a photo album where everyone can upload their individual pics. Then when you post here or in the show schedule forum since technically we are not the North West Binders club, you can just click the insert photo link above to add the pics directly into your posts.
Poker run album
640x480 work best.

Then we can add an album each year!

Bill USN-1

Staff member
I would like to personally thank everyone that came out and made this such a memorable event.
The wife and I had a great time and enjoyed meeting each of you.
For those that couldn't make, I feel bad. It turned out to be another beautiful day up here on our little island.

In no particular order.

Jason, Wife and friend /JKoenig with their 79 Traveller
Zac, Wife/ A1911handler and their 74- 6cyl scout
Kirk, Son/Catfish and their 73 scout
Dan/sixfootdan and his 79-196 scout
Larson, Dad/thedeerhunter and their 71 pickup
Chris, Wife, Daughter/Gravedigger and their 62 Crewcab pickup (thanks for all the help guys)
Bill/Steelhead and his 69 800-196.
And my wife leslie had our 72 travelall doing the hauling to and from the show and the prerunning.

The swag was kept kind of simple this year.

Magnetic dash plaque.

Poker_Run_012_640x479_.jpg

Individual awards. The Wife went to the local beach and collected samples of driftwood. They were cut into 1/2" thick planks and sanded and urethaned. We thought a local theme to the plaques would help represent our area up here.

They included the Farthest driven, Hard luck and peoples choice award.

Poker_Run_008_640x471_.jpg

Poker_Run_001_2_640x480_.jpg

Here's a selection of the awards with what turned out to be the winning hand for the poker run! If I was Catfish would have played powerball that night.

Poker_Run1_001_640x492_.jpg

Unfortunately I forgot my camera at the house so I will need to rely on everyone else to post theirs up.

Again, I can't thank all of you enough for making this such an enjoyable weekend.
The Hamilton Camp grounds are always open, year round!!!

Setting up.

20130525_092241_640x480_.jpg

20130525_092353_640x480_.jpg

IH's arriving

20130525_120624_640x479_.jpg

20130525_120659_640x463_.jpg

Photo op.

20130525_123424_640x468_.jpg

20130525_123452_640x480_.jpg

Binder TV
2022 Arizona International Harvester Rendezvous