BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1978 Scout II New To Me Project

Binder TV

Gioscout2

Farmall Cub
Was able to divorce the body from the frame today in between getting some "honey do list" things today. Next up give the frame a good inspection and start writing up my next to do's. I still have more to do on the tub so not sure when I will actually start work on the frame.
IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

TorqueMonster1

Farmall Cub
Wow. Not sure how I missed this thread. Great work, and good inspiration for us that are about to tackle what you just did. My doors look better than yours, and I was was just going to look for better ones. Lol...

What is with all the Canuks and Scouts lately?

I have to 2nd TravelerMan79. I don't know how I just now came across this thread but I'm glad I did. Keep up the Great work! Mark

Gioscout2

Farmall Cub
Wow. Not sure how I missed this thread. Great work, and good inspiration for us that are about to tackle what you just did. My doors look better than yours, and I was was just going to look for better ones. Lol...

What is with all the Canuks and Scouts lately?
The Canucks comment just clicked in. I didn't realize it either until I read more of the profiles, we are spread out pretty good though.:oldih:

Gioscout2

Farmall Cub
And the progress continues, not as quick as I would like it but only so much you can do on the weekends,,,:yes: underneath of tub almost ready for some Raptor liner, the black lines are actually seam sealer.
IMG_0430.jpg

mongocanfly

Y-Block King
Looks good..!...your right about spraying...that stuff goes everywhere...if you dont want it on something , you better cover it up..

J.J.

Lives in an IH Dealership
looking good! I put down plastic on my shop floor when I sprayed mine and had stepped off it in a couple of spots, the raptor footprints will probably be on the concrete long after I am gone LOL

JJ in TN

Gioscout2

Farmall Cub
looking good! I put down plastic on my shop floor when I sprayed mine and had stepped off it in a couple of spots, the raptor footprints will probably be on the concrete long after I am gone LOL

JJ in TN
Thanks,
Yeah I have a couple of those foot prints too,, I should have put my work table a bit closer when I was refilling my spray gun.

Gioscout2

Farmall Cub
Got some time in this week and was able to start sanding down the tub to see what I have ahead of me (regarding body work) ,actually not to bad other than having to fix the P,O work over the wheel wells on the quarters. I decided not to buy replacement quarter panels or end caps and going to work with what I have. I welded the seam between the quarter panel and the end cap and going to fill it in .I know some will say I should have replaced both, but I prefer not to see that seam, I think it will look cleaner.
I also patched up the left fender, it still needs a bit of refining but it's actually in really good shape. I had to source this fender across the country from me.
IMG_0479.jpg

IMG_0480.jpg

IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_0486.jpg

Gioscout2

Farmall Cub
Put in some more work on the weekend, did some more fender fixing, had to fab up new tabs on one fender for the inner fender mounting, and filled some holes on the other fender that previously had a fender flare. The next steps for both of these fenders is to sand them down and body work.
IMG_0490.jpg

IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg

IMG_0493.jpg

Gioscout2

Farmall Cub
Spent a whole lot of time in the shop this weekend, did some sanding and more sanding ,,,,, I'll post pictures once all the sanding is done but had to take a break from that and worked on something else so I pulled the hood of the the stand, took it outside and gave it a power washing underneath. Sprayed some heavy duty cleaner on it first and wow, actually looks really good for being original and 42 years old, it only needs a bit of work across the top front.
IMG_0498.jpg

IMG_0502.jpg

Gioscout2

Farmall Cub
Just a couple of quick picks for now, body work on the tub itself is done ,,,,, I think , as long as I stop looking at it :no:. I got to say it came out a whole lot better then expected especially when I look back at what I started with on the tub.
Once I have the other panels all done I will post more pics, then they will see some 2k Urethane primer, then I get to sand all over again.
IMG_0509.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

Higgy

Farmall Cub
Just a couple of quick picks for now, body work on the tub itself is done ,,,,, I think , as long as I stop looking at it :no:. I got to say it came out a whole lot better then expected especially when I look back at what I started with on the tub.
Once I have the other panels all done I will post more pics, then they will see some 2k Urethane primer, then I get to sand all over again.
View attachment 180741
View attachment 180742
Sent you a PM

UplandHunter

Farmall Cub
Great work! Wish I had your skill!

Being a SSII fan, looks like your fender came off a green SSII. A sad day if it got parted. That’s an uncommon paint color, probably CT-399 or Custom Color for a SSII.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gioscout2

Farmall Cub
Well, I spent most of the weekend in my shop trying to finish up on the tub, ( removed the dash and steering column and other under dash parts) so I could get it in my homemade paint booth, also had to finish the booth it self. Got the lights and tried to close up any gaps. Made my self some parts racks to hold them up for me and then I put what I could fit in the booth to see how much room I have to move around. Windshield frame, grille, lift gate and tail gate look like they will go in booth on the second round. The plan is hopefully to spray some 2k Urethane primer on the
upcoming weekend, but I know how my plans turn out sometimes. Here are some more pics.
IMG_0548.jpg

IMG_0562.jpg

IMG_0556.jpg

IMG_0558.jpg

Last edited:

Gioscout2

Farmall Cub
The only real body work left to do is finish the doors and then the roof. I probably wont get to the doors until I drop the tub back on the frame which I haven't touched yet.

IMG_0561.jpg