BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1978 Scout II New To Me Project

Friends of BinderPlanet Facebook Group

Gioscout2

Farmall Cub
You might have gotten the idea from my build, I'm glad someone else thought it was good. I cut the bottom of my fiberglass inner panels up at the bottom of the curved part about where your latch hinges. Because I dont have carpet or anything in there I didnt need that extra hanging down and then where I lift it I dont have to worry about hitting the fiberglass.
Hi Greg, if this one is yours , that's where I got from , as soon as I seen I said , "I wanna try that" . I haven't made up my mind yet on whether to cut the panel yet.
Scout II Roof latch 2.JPG

Gioscout2

Farmall Cub
Some assembly required , FINALLY, :clap::clap:.Picked up my block and parts from the machine shop, was a bit painful having to wait so long. This is the part of the build I can't wait to do and will take my time to do it right. I have already given the block another good cleaning so I could start with a couple things.
This is what I had done at the machine shop,
-Block , bored and honed .040 over.
-Block resurfaced
-Crank Polished
-New brass frost plugs and other block plugs replaced
-New cam bearings installed - Dura Bond
Other parts I am installing.
New Pistons and Moly rings - ( Sealed Power0
New Cam and lifters ( From Comp Cams)
Main Bearings - Clevite
Rod Bearings - Clevite
I had already rebuilt the Heads , months ago.

Engine Rebuild.jpg

Engine Rebuild 1.jpg

Engine Rebuild 2.jpg

Engine Rebuild 3.jpg

Engine Rebuild 4.jpg

Lars-S

Binder Driver
You might have gotten the idea from my build, I'm glad someone else thought it was good. I cut the bottom of my fiberglass inner panels up at the bottom of the curved part about where your latch hinges
How did you fasten the front portion of it to the windshield portion?

Gioscout2

Farmall Cub
Lots of pics,,, 345 Engine reassembled,, bearing clearances were re-checked, and all hardware prepped torqued to spec, It came out pretty good and for now going to cover it up and will add the accessories back on once I have I back in the frame. Not sure when I will get a chance to fire it up. I need to get back to finishing up the body work on the doors and some other areas.
Engine Rebuild crank.jpg

Engine Rebuild Rings.jpg

Engine Rebuild Pistons.jpg

Engine Rebuild Piston in Block.jpg

engiine rebuild head gasket.jpg

engiine rebuild heads.jpg

engine paint prep.jpg

engine paint 1st coat.jpg

engine rebuild valley pan.jpg

engiine rebuild intake.jpg

engiine rebuild thermo.jpg

engiine rebuild valve covrers.jpg

Gioscout2

Farmall Cub
I wanted to repost a couple of pics of the Engine before the whole process even started, almost forgot how bad it looked, what a difference.
engine before2.jpg
engine before1.jpg

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
Man that looks good! I like the colors you picked it goes good together. I had one of them custom stands on my 345 before when I pulled it out with the Wood front leg. I put it on
a heavy duty stand after the first try and it wilted that stand so I had to put a prop under the motor mounts and the new stand was supposed to hold 1000 pounds but it was
questionable once the weight was applied. Looks great all put together good job.

Dave

Lars-S

Binder Driver
I had one of them custom stands on my 345 before when I pulled it out with the Wood front leg. I put it on
a heavy duty stand after the first try and it wilted that stand
It's scary and slightly frustrating/aggravating to purchase one and then they do that ... thank God for wood and other front legs ..
Likewise for the engine hoists with Big Foot, Earth is Flat, Lunar Landing, Barb was on the ROAD weight ratings ... lol
Looks great all put together good job
Definitely awesome engine in looks and construction not just IH's design but your work too!!

Gioscout2

Farmall Cub
It's scary and slightly frustrating/aggravating to purchase one and then they do that ... thank God for wood and other front legs ..
Likewise for the engine hoists with Big Foot, Earth is Flat, Lunar Landing, Barb was on the ROAD weight ratings ... lol

Definitely awesome engine in looks and construction not just IH's design but your work too!!
My engine stand is also rated for 1000 lbs, but as you guys noticed the extra ( wood leg) . When I originally put this engine on this stand before its tear down I did have it on with out that third leg, but wasn't chancing it after the time and money in it now,,:no:. I kick my self because years ago when I built a SBC for my 68 GMC pickup, I had a stand that would of held the weight of this motor and the tranny if there was a way to hook it up, but I had to go and sell it ,:turned:.
and thanks again guys for the praise.

Gioscout2

Farmall Cub
Work continues on the body, been working on my doors for the last two days and still not done, just a bit more refining and I will post a couple pics. In between dry time on filler I had my son give me a hand to place the hood back on so we could see what help it needed. Well it was a bit out of whack but we were able to get it lined up not to bad. Probably as good as it's going to get. It did need a little persuasion to line up better with the fenders.
Here is a before and after of the side view of the hood, both sides were the same,
Before,,
hood gap.jpg

the persuader,,,:hammer:
hood gap2.jpg

After,,
hood gap adj.jpg