BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1978 Aussie Traveler

2021 Arizona International Harvester Rendezvous

LukeM

Farmall Cub
Getting ready to do the spray liner.

20201021_124004.jpg

Darrel

Lives in an IH Dealership
That's a great color. Discovering a rust free painted Scout in a container is quite the find! Thanks for sharing.

LukeM

Farmall Cub
Got my tailgate and grille back from painters. All fixed and looking brand new:
1604531292247.jpg
1604887578948.jpg
1604887578726.jpg

Also pulled out all my old wiring and started the rewire!
First step was to install the Hamilton fuel injection kit. Having never worked with fuel injection before, this kit was awesome. Every wire labelled, super easy to understand and install.
(ignore messy wiring, I plan to neaten it all up once everything is installed).

20201111_135529.jpg

Also need to sort out what I am going to do with heater / air con. My truck came with factory air, but the compressor is no good any more, and the underdash plenum is basically destroyed. I also have a heater box that is missing a core and fan.
I need to decide whether I go aftermarket AC, or try and just repair the heater / demist and have no air con.

I am really enjoying the build, but I certainly feel like every day I spend in the garage I come away with more bits that I need to buy!!

LukeM

Farmall Cub
Few more jobs ticked off, few more added to the list!

I pulled the steering column as it was quite damaged. The spare one I had was no better, so now I have a brand new steering column and will complete the rag joint to uni joints swap. Still waiting on parts for that.

Got the new radiator in. Also added decals to the rocker covers.

engine.jpg

Seats are finished getting new trim, just need to put them in. Will leave this for now as its easier to work in the truck with no seats installed.
seats.jpg

Wiring is ongoing...

Attachments

• 20201209_150557.jpg
    20201209_150557.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11

winchested

Dreams of Cub Cadets
Looking great with the TBI install! I'm doing this myself very soon.
I however notice your EGR connected to the PCV manifold vacuum line. I would cap that Vac fitting and remove the EGR because as you have it now it will always be on and pulling your RPM down. I assume you got the HFI set up without the EGR solenoid?

LukeM

Farmall Cub
Been a while since I have done anything on the truck - we just had 6 weeks school holidays, so kids took up all the spare time.

Got back to it this week.
Heater box installed - blasted + painted, pressure tested core.
Cab internal ducting will go in after I finish the dash wiring.

20210203_101840.jpg

Also got my new steering column and wheel installed,

20210203_151627.jpg

including uni-joint upgrade:

20210203_151644.jpg

Lots more small parts removed, painted and reinstalled.
Good to make some progress after a long break!

Bradley56

Farmall Cub
Been a while since I have done anything on the truck - we just had 6 weeks school holidays, so kids took up all the spare time.

Got back to it this week.
Heater box installed - blasted + painted, pressure tested core.
Cab internal ducting will go in after I finish the dash wiring.

View attachment 203330

Also got my new steering column and wheel installed,

View attachment 203331

including uni-joint upgrade:

View attachment 203332

Lots more small parts removed, painted and reinstalled.
Good to make some progress after a long break!
Ah ha ok looks like you and I have similar taste, That is exactly the steering wheel I will get for mine what Brand did you choose?
Also my seats are being done in Tan & a Burgundy walnut colour two tone!.. Loving your bodywork and paint!... Great colour choice also!

Sent from my HMA-L09 using Tapatalk

RinTX

High Wheeler
One minor detail - on your spark plug wiring. 5 and 7 need to be separated due to potential of cross fire. Your wires look pretty beefy - maybe it won’t be an issue. Most people make sure they are not touching. I think the factory ran 7 behind the carb.

Edit - looking back at your pic - I’m not sure maybe I’m seeing the wires wrong...

Bradley56

Farmall Cub
Its a beautiful looking wheel man!... What spline fit is it!
HQ, Commodore?
I think from memory!
Where are you located?

LukeM

Farmall Cub
Fantastic!
Buy Who TF is sparesbox?

They are an Australian online parts shop. Often have sales, so worth keeping an eye out if you don't need it super urgent.

The boss kit I ordered was for a VK-VL commodore, but then I didn't end up using it as I replaced the whole column and the new column came with a boss.

LukeM

Farmall Cub
One minor detail - on your spark plug wiring. 5 and 7 need to be separated due to potential of cross fire. Your wires look pretty beefy - maybe it won’t be an issue. Most people make sure they are not touching. I think the factory ran 7 behind the carb.

Edit - looking back at your pic - I’m not sure maybe I’m seeing the wires wrong...

Thanks, I will neaten up all the wiring once its complete and will make sure I take this into account.