BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1976 Scout Terra Restoration

Friends of BinderPlanet Facebook Group

IHEngineer76

Farmall Cub
C987C2A6-F7EC-4AF8-808F-0BD709D4A7C9.jpeg
The frame is pretty well stripped down. I just need to pull a couple more things for it to be ready to get chemical dipped and e-coated. A few things have caught my eye about the frame, though. The welds on it are pretty shoddy. They are really cold, too low wire speed, and lots of porosity. Lots of cats whiskers too. Also, I noticed that there are only exhaust hangers on the left side of the frame even though the line setting ticket says dual exhaust and the body has both heat shields.

IHEngineer76

Farmall Cub
E7E98F88-34BC-4CEE-A5FF-D2C942F859EF.jpeg
It’s been a while since I posted last. I blew out a knee, so that slowed me down some. I go in to get it fixed on Friday, so hopefully I’ll be back at it again soon. My frame came back from chemical stripping and e-coating and looks awesome. It’s completely coated inside and out. Should be good for years to come. I’ll be doing this to all the sheet metal as well.

Gioscout2

Farmall Cub
I'm jealous , about the frame not your knee , On the weekend I separated my frame from the tub. Your frame looks like it came out pretty nice . Good luck with your knee hope things go well