BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1973 Travelall 1010 - Family Cruiser Build.

Friends of BinderPlanet Facebook Group

java230

Farmall Cub
Well I got the FSM, It didn't make the wiring as clear as I hoped. Ugh
20190729_195812.jpg

MrKenmore

Dreams of Cub Cadets
I just got my manuals last week. My wiring is in good shape. Good shape as in unmolested for the most part. The circuiting and fuse protection methodology is old school for sure. Not your modern centralized fuse panel. I will be doing similar upgrades on the Travelall as I did on my Terra (ammeter delete and Ford starter solenoid). I have my Bluesea Safety Hub 150 coming Wednesday.

java230

Farmall Cub
I just got my manuals last week. My wiring is in good shape. Good shape as in unmolested for the most part. The circuiting and fuse protection methodology is old school for sure. Not your modern centralized fuse panel. I will be doing similar upgrades on the Travelall as I did on my Terra (ammeter delete and Ford starter solenoid). I have my Bluesea Safety Hub 150 coming Wednesday.
My wiring appears to be in good shape, I'm just having a hell of a time trying to identify circuits! Everything is green wire!

java230

Farmall Cub
Fuel tank came in! Looks like I need a vent fitting of some sort. And Ford Quick connect fittings for the fuel lines. Assuming I cant just slip past the "quick connect" crimped ring and hose clamp it.

48410398981_c4f533f57c_b.jpg

java230

Farmall Cub
Nice. Is that the Ford 18 gallon? Does it have an in tank fuel pump?
Yep, Spectra Premium F1G1FA, Ford 18gallon, with sender and fuel pump. Basically all 90-96 Ford trucks. Will need to figure out the fuel filler situation.

java230

Farmall Cub
Maybe I missed it, but what was the reason for going with the Ford fuel tank?
Factory ones are crusty. Efi pump and new tank. This one is pretty low profile as well so it won't hang down.

MrKenmore

Dreams of Cub Cadets
I need to figure mine out. That factory hitch is like an octopus, it's all over! Not sure how it will interfere with a tank between the frame rails.

MJlogan88

Farmall Cub
Fuel tank came in! Looks like I need a vent fitting of some sort. And Ford Quick connect fittings for the fuel lines. Assuming I cant just slip past the "quick connect" crimped ring and hose clamp it.

Make sure to run a decent sized vent- at least 5/8". I ran a 3/8" at first and had a hell of a time getting the tank to fill. With a 5/8" vent it took fuel just fine.

stroker3

Lives in an IH Dealership
That factory hitch is like an octopus, it's all over! Not sure how it will interfere with a tank between the frame rails.
The factory hitch will make it pretty much impossible to put a tank in there. Unsure on the 74/74's but easiest way to get around that on all earlier models is with a swap out for a class III hitch for chevy/gmc (73-87 ??) Almost a direct bolt in on our old 70 t'all.

java230

Farmall Cub
I need to figure mine out. That factory hitch is like an octopus, it's all over! Not sure how it will interfere with a tank between the frame rails.
I just killed off the hitch. I don't plan to tow with this. And yeah it's a beast!
48418182787_302003982d_b.jpg

Make sure to run a decent sized vent- at least 5/8". I ran a 3/8" at first and had a hell of a time getting the tank to fill. With a 5/8" vent it took fuel just fine.
Thanks, I plan to run the OE ford roll over valve.

Tanks is in! Need padding still, but mounts are done.
48418028626_9e11eb1c4c_b.jpg

java230

Farmall Cub
If you where a lot closer,I would like your hitch,heavy duty one,mines alittle cheaper looking.
Yeah.... Shipping would be not cheap. Where you located? Last time I shipped something like that (big leaf springs) it was about $100 to CA From me.

java230

Farmall Cub
A little birdie mentioned the circuit number should be screen printed on the wiring. Well look at that! I found a couple numbers (95 and 95A go figure).... Unwrapped the whole engine loom.

48418723581_66c138d04e_b.jpg

Any reason not to be away with the Ammeter? The manual says that the wire must be specific lengths yada yada. I want to get rid of the fire hazard.... I was thinking run alt to starter, starter to batt. I believe thats the factory routing if you just skip the ammeter.