BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1971 810/Scout II

2021 Arizona International Harvester Rendezvous

oldironoffroad

High Wheeler
Alright Guess I am no good at building suspense. Picture is worth 1,000 words so they say.....

Parts gathered

The H1 markers were already ODG . It was really to much so I took them apart and painted the housing. I had them up next to the rig and it looks :tank:

Lots of parts to clean before they go back on

New window felts, locks, and fuel neck gasket. Only problem is the gasket is the small one needed the large one. No worries ED I will just hold on to this one and have Jeff ship me another.

Outside in the sun

Bling.

I personally really like the ODG and the undercoating

oldironoffroad

High Wheeler
Gary at least you are watching :D. Yeah the top is going to be OD green on the top and black around the sides. Should have it done in another three weeks.

ihscoutmatt

High Wheeler
Gary at least you are watching :D. Yeah the top is going to be OD green on the top and black around the sides. Should have it done in another three weeks.

sounds like that thing is going to be real mean when done, its already looking good

oldironoffroad

High Wheeler
Small update tonight. Got the grill, front markers, bed rails and the front bumper on.

bed rails

I Also started putting the driver door back together and can't find my stash of regulator clips so I had to order some.:hammer:

edstarnes

Farmall Cub
I was notified that I have been slacking in my posting. I am winding down the last few days in the sandbox. The scout does look awesome. I think you guys should all swing by Levi's place and get him to work on your rig. Not all at once...but he does do some sweet work.

I am ready to get back to check it out. I think I will be home for a little bit before Levi finishes, but that will give me a chance to swing by his place and get in the way and bug the life out of him while he works. Someone has to drink the beer and supervise...:beer:

gmbarker78

Farmall Cub
Wecome back "early" Ed. I know the anxiety of being a short timer in a h@ll hole. When it was time for me to return from Macedonia I was at the local bus station at 4:30 am, the bus was not due until 8am. I wasn't for any reason missing that bus!

edstarnes

Farmall Cub
Yeah...I know the feeling. I am turning all my projects over so I can pack. I haven't had time to do that yet. Today is a classic example. I was going to leave early, but it didn't happen. I was going to pack, but I had to come back after lunch and write letters to contractors, plan training for our locals, cuss out some folks, write a boat load of emails...

I swear, I am not staying any longer than I have to. I have my flight itinerary and my hotel reservation. I'm not even planning on leaving the airport on the way home.

Seeing the status of the Scout makes it harder to keep working. I would rather be headed home.

oldironoffroad

High Wheeler
Well.......... The owner decides to grace us with a post. :D I got some other stuff done on the rig, but am busting !@! trying to get it done so I didn't snap any pics. Ed had a set of H4 coversion headlights sent. Those are installed and back in the grill. Also the taillight buckets are in. Also got all the rest of the tubing for the seat tie in and the sliders cut ready to bend.

edstarnes

Farmall Cub
I know, I know...I have been too busy reading other threads rather than posting to this one. I am really eager to see the whole thing done. I have a nice long drive planned for it when I pick it up. I will be headed to the big GA upon return.

Anyway, I have clearance from the supreme commander to purchase the tires, so whenever you are ready for rubber (sounds kinda weird...but what they hey), let me know.

I also plan on getting the mirrors here shortly. I still have not found anything better then what you posted up. I did like the big ones that were on there before, but mostly because...well, there was only one. And I had to hold it in place on hot days and windy days. It sucked, but it had not fallen off...so that makes it pretty darn good! I am not sure that people will be afraid of it anymore. The Car Bomb sticker is gone and it doesn't look low-rent anymore. No more cheap @ss purple tint, no more holes in the floor, no more wires hanging down from the frame. It's actually a flippin hot looking rig, if I may say so myself. And I had very little to do with that. It's that whole Super Garage Hack Man thing again. I can change oil and remove heavy stuff and take stuff apart, but the stuff that requires skill...not really my bag, but I'll try anything twice! I'm already planning a little get together at the new place. I have to clear some land, well...I have to buy the place first, but that is in the works. And I have to tell the Supreme Commander again. I think she thought I was talking out of my rear. Anyway, I digress. Kudos to Levi. Awesome job. NOW GET BACK TO WORK!!!:punk::wrenching::hammer:

oldironoffroad

High Wheeler
Got some more forward progress on the rig. From now until it is done I probably won't be posting many pics, but I did snag a quick video today. I got most of the tube work for the seats done, and ran into some problems. The seats are fully electric and without adjusting them they just sat way to high. So I started playing with the motors figuring out which one did what to get them sat down abit. Well. These seats were equipped with side airbags.......... Imagine my suprise when POW. I popped one. The covers for the bags are break aways so a little epoxy and they will look as good as they did before so no worries there. I got the seats adjusted as far down as they will go, but there still isn't enough room to get your leg under the steering wheel, and the width of them won't alow me to set them any lower in the tub without some serious mods to the trans tunnel, so some type of modification to the bases are going to have to be made. Hopefully I will be able to remove some of the braketry on the seats and keep all of the electric stuff intack , because they are fully functional. The video is uploading and should be up in a bit.

Keep your eye on my nephew. :p

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HhqMOAi3eWc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HhqMOAi3eWc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Last edited:

surfnturf

Binder Driver
That was hillarious!!:D I think you need to put some oil dry down now that you both wet the floor.

But seriously. How about some details on your paint. What kind?? I like the color and considered something similar myself.
Looking sharp.:punk:

mormetl

High Wheeler
Nice job, Levi!! Funny vid too. I dig the color as well, and look forward to it all coming together. You gonna have it done in time for Ed to beat on it at the TN wheelin' trip? Nothin' like some fresh paint to take through the trails:D

oldironoffroad

High Wheeler
Thanks guys. I thought somebody would get a kick out of the video. Mike the paint is a low grade acrylic enamel. It came from TCP on ebay. The total cost for the paint was 100 bucks and that includes the reducer and hardener. It didn't lay down great , but for the price and for a finish that you won't cry if it gets scratched it is great. They offer some higher grades. I used there acrylic urethane on the Turbo Diesel and I would say was alot nicer finish and layed down a good bit better also.

Nate I am hoping to have it finished by then, but the official due date is the 28th of this month, but if it is done and Ed is willing I would enjoy nothing more than to see it get a scratch or two or maybe even a good wrinkle. :D :punk:

Anyway another picless update tonight. The tube work for the seats is all welded up and painted. Also got the factory brackets removed from the seats and got them nestled down enough that getting in and out isn't going to be a problem. I also ended up moving the cage abit farther forward than I had planned so I ended up removing the glove box door, cutting , and then reinstalling so it is functional. The inside is all but finished so I scrubbed the liner clean and touched up a few scraped from sliding the cage in and out.

edstarnes

Farmall Cub
Levi...that is just plain wrong. No pics...and I won't even have internet access for the next couple of days. Oh, well. I will be going over the truck when I get back. I MIGHT post some pics after I get there. I might not...Just kidding. I will probably post some before I leave his place. I have to see what time looks like when I get back. I can't tear it up too bad or the wife will have kittens. I also have an invasion to plan and execute. Randy's home state of GA will no longer be safe...

I plan on having a good ole time in this thing. I am thinking about taking it through the Smoky Mountains National Park on the way. Might be snowed up, but what better way to break it in? I plan on putting about 450 miles on it right after I get it back. I will take pics as I go.

Just to say it again...outstanding work, Levi. I can't wait.

edstarnes

Farmall Cub
VERY NICE...I have already started the move home. I am eager to get home and tear up some real estate. I'll bet those tires will be loud on the street. Can't wait to get it fired up and on the road.