BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1971 810/Scout II

2021 Arizona International Harvester Rendezvous

oldironoffroad

High Wheeler
Put in a full day on Ed's rig today. Got alot done. Both floor pans are in , and the driverside rocker got replaced.

The previous pics make it look easy. Now let's get dirty.

Pic of all the trash that came out of the rocker. Suprisingly the inner rocker was still pretty solid.

This is how I paint all of the stuff that will be covered. The gray is weld through primmer giving a protected surface to weld to, and the black is rustoleum undercoating.

Driver floor is in and tacked , but still needs to be welded to the floor supports.

Now CHILL.:beer:

edstarnes

Farmall Cub
OUTSTANDING!!! I do feel bad about getting you hooked on the Monsters. Anyway, amazing work. Gary can wait...Me first! Ha ha! Just kidding, Gary.

I do dig the wall art above and to the left of the drill press. That thing was in pretty darn good shape.

I can't wait to get back and tear up some real estate. I am eager to see what happens tomorrow..

oldironoffroad

High Wheeler
Glad you trusted me with your rig. So you like that grill huh. Looks like it has the same color paint as some of the stuff on your rig. :beer: I will post a pic tomorrow to show you just how bad the monster addiction has become.:D
I only drink em till I shake and then I call that my limit for the day.

edstarnes

Farmall Cub
I know good work when I see it. The wife cut me back on the Monsters. I think also I was getting to the point where I could knock em back pretty good. Heck, you saw how many we killed on the trip to Nate's.

I have been glued to the computer checking for more pics. I know it takes longer to try to take pictures of everything than it does to power through it.

I spotted some of the big international armored vehicles. Those jokers are SWEET. Huge, but sweet. The guys drive them like they are trail rigs. I am surprised there aren't camel parts stuck in the grills. Too bad I can't score some of those axles...Kidding. They probably weigh as much as my Scout...each!

oldironoffroad

High Wheeler
I know good work when I see it. The wife cut me back on the Monsters. I think also I was getting to the point where I could knock em back pretty good. Heck, you saw how many we killed on the trip to Nate's.

I have been glued to the computer checking for more pics. I know it takes longer to try to take pictures of everything than it does to power through it.

I spotted some of the big international armored vehicles. Those jokers are SWEET. Huge, but sweet. The guys drive them like they are trail rigs. I am surprised there aren't camel parts stuck in the grills. Too bad I can't score some of those axles...Kidding. They probably weigh as much as my Scout...each!

Speaking of axle swaps. I got a double triangulated four link design that I have been working on for about a year. Balistic air coil overs . Some 52 inch cheby sprngs up front. I also know where to score some 2 1/2 ton rockwells for cheap. Wanna be a guinea pig. :yes: If you wanted to keep it streetable we could go tons. Nice full width stance. COme on.......:yes: :tank: It is only $$$$$$$$ right. Lets show these people what I can do!!

Last edited:

oldironoffroad

High Wheeler
Not much to report today. Yard work took priority. Did get one of the marker holes plated and ready for some bondo. Here is a shot of the Hummer markers mocked up.

Oh here is the new addition to the MAN AREA. Keeps the Monsters nice and cold and within reach.:D

edstarnes

Farmall Cub
Nice! I am digging it. I like the marker lights more now than when I picked them out. They are gonna look sweet with the paint. As much as I think it would look mean black, the olive is a better choice. The little fridge is pretty sweet too. I notice you are rationing yourself to 6 at a shot. The bad thing about that is you will have to go to store and restock 2 -3 times a day. :taz::beer:

I bring you some cold ones when I get back.

Keep up the good work!

oldironoffroad

High Wheeler
Got a full weekend in on the rig. I started off Sat. night striping the inside for some liner to be sprayed. Also put about 3 hours of welding and grinding all of the trim holes and other holes inside of the cargo area.

Had to finish welding in the driver side floor and do some small patches. Shot some self etching primer.

Seam sealed.

Sat. night I had prepped and sprayed the inside with some new Rustoleum bedliner. For anything other than the body I only use rustoleum paint so I thought it would be worth trying .. WRONG>>>>:censored: When I got up Sun. morning the liner had caused the paint under it to soften and pull up. SO it went from this

to this

Four more hours of scraping and a gallon of HURCULINER and we were looking good again. Now again I love Rustoleum products, and I don't know if it was something in the paint or what , but I will never use the liner again.

Also went ahead and started striping some of the old paint off of the body because I didn't want to be suprised again after laying down the paint.
Laying down some liner.

:punk:

Last edited:

oldironoffroad

High Wheeler
I thought this would be a nice touch. I shot these with some self etching primer and then clear so it should match the body pretty close. Masked them off befor I lined and presto. This is how I left her setting after an extra eight hours of work that shouldn't have been needed.

Some shots of the stripage. Now on the other hand Rustoleum airplane stripper don't play around.
Down to the primer.

Thats all for now.

edstarnes

Farmall Cub
Very nice work, my friend. I thought you knew that paint that was in there was junk. I should have reminded you. Those guys put :censored: paint down, heck you saw their body work. I got robbed on that deal, but I was in a pinch and hadn't met you yet. I appreciate you putting the time in and doing it right.

oldironoffroad

High Wheeler
Well aside from some slight destruction I got started sanding on Ed's rig. Common sense would tell you not to do this, but...........:oops: Free OLD IRON STICKER to the first person to guess what happened.

DUH!!!!

That is OK I know where a couple donner rigs are.:D Ed are you sure your rig had a top on it when I got it???

Alot of it had to go down to bear metal, so to keep it from flash rusting I shot some rustoleum primer sealer on the bear spots until I get the high build primer on it.

Got a quick vid of it. Ed hasn't heard it since it got a new used Dizzy, Timed with a light and the carb tweaked just a bit. The quality of the video doesn't do it justice, but I know my buddy is jonesin so this will do till I get a good one.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xvoa2-oGZok&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xvoa2-oGZok&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Last edited:

edstarnes

Farmall Cub
Looks good...except the top. Grab the hardware out of that top, I just bought that T-handle last year! Good thing the glass held up. Oh, well.

I am looking forward to looking at the progress. It's like waiting for Christmas. Need a video of the engine revved a little bit. It sounds mean now, but I like it loud!

Seeing all the work that you have put into it, aren't you glad that I didn't try to take that thing to Nate's? Could have been ugly...Probably wouldn't have made it to Nashville. It's gonna make a nice long road trip when you get done.

Josey

Farmall Cub
That's some good looking work. I'll need to find someone to do some for me when the time comes (after the engine rebuild). I've been thinking on doing a bedliner interior on my terra, it really helps me to see it like that. Thanks.

So I'll guess you tried to lift the top off by the rear hatch. My scout doesn't have a rear hatch so I don't know.

oldironoffroad

High Wheeler
That's some good looking work. I'll need to find someone to do some for me when the time comes (after the engine rebuild). I've been thinking on doing a bedliner interior on my terra, it really helps me to see it like that. Thanks.
Well I know someone who could help you out:D
So I'll guess you tried to lift the top off by the rear hatch. My scout doesn't have a rear hatch so I don't know.

I wish that would have been how it went down. Anybody else want to take a guess for a chance to win a free bling window sticker.

ihscoutmatt

High Wheeler
I wish that would have been how it went down. Anybody else want to take a guess for a chance to win a free bling window sticker.

Im guessing since its in the weeds by the road you lost it going down the road

I lost a terra top going down the interstate one time it really sucked