BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10/19-20 in the garage

2021 Arizona International Harvester Rendezvous

Jeff Jamison

Lives in an IH Dealership
Started early in the week (74 scout)welding 2 rear hatches together to make one(I realy like to warp metal when welding)got it done,alittle putty,primed and shot black with a rattle can,saturday was putting it on,nothing went right,but its on,glass in and works.Sunday was take the front fender off to clean the rear lower out and knock a few dents out of it,ended up the front lower had 1/2 inch thick putty up 1/2 the fender,ground out,they drilled holes to pop the dents.Straightened up the fender pretty good,welded the 7 holes,then fixed 3 small rust areas,primed wher I worked and begain to reinstall.Its almost ready for winter driving
Jeff

Scott H

Binder Driver
Jeff,
Roofing tar patch(gallon can) makes really great undercoating in that area! I did the entire under floor area on Deb's truck including the cab mounts with it. Just like it did on mine back in 97ish.
But you have to let it sit for about 2 weeks to dry this time of year or it will pick up everything the tires find on the road:scout:!
Scott

Jeff Jamison

Lives in an IH Dealership
Did that last fall to the cab mount area(I buy 5 gallon cans)just never took the fender off last year.

pedey6

Farmall Cub
Winters about here .. my 74 heads to the body shop next week for mud and primer to ready it for paint .. I know my limitations welding I,m ok with .. aligning the body and panels I,m good , painting I,m good , but feathering filler .. :no:

To bad the Ohio valley stretches so far Scott your 4 hours north , Jeff 7 hours east be nice to have someone more local to pick there brain as i redo the gaskets and plugs and a running gear.

The good thing is southern Indiana bone yard still hold a few scouts. So give me a heads up if you two are needing specifics. Scott I do go past you once in a while to Three rivers, MI .