BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by WRENCH MAN

Binder TV
  1. WRENCH MAN

U joint help! 1954 r122

Have you removed it from the truck yet?, any competent parts house should be able to identify it? A quick Google search shows MULTIPLE drive line repair shops in Ogden Utah, where your signature says you're at?
  2. WRENCH MAN

Master cylinder questions

PROTO was absorbed by MAC several years ago, SK reorganized a few years back and it's NOWHERE near the quality it use to be.
  3. WRENCH MAN

Dana BOM Help

I should note also that those ScotchBright pads act like a brush, dont use those either!, I prefer a 36 grit garnet disk on my 2" air angle grinder, we do this DAILY at work on brake rotors and drums.
  4. WRENCH MAN

Not all flare nut wrenches are created equal!, SnapOn are the best, Craftsman SUCK!
  5. WRENCH MAN

Front brake replacement

At this point I'd pop the wheel hubs off and inspect the wheel bearings too.
  6. WRENCH MAN

Dana BOM Help

When looking for numbers on rusty old stuff, DON'T use a wire brush to clean it!, use a hard backed sand paper or even a file will bring out the numbers WAY better.
  7. WRENCH MAN

US-Mags-Indy-Wheel 5 Slot Mags

Those are probably the same ones Tom's Bronco Parts in Medford sells? We had a '77 Bronco come in on a hook that had them on it, they rubbed the tie rod end so they put some custom spacers behind them, the spacers didn't clear the shoulders on the wheel studs, the wheel was tight against the...
  8. WRENCH MAN

The casting can be machined for the other applications, the bosses on the other side, bore dia? We went thru this CRAP with rotors this week, there are FOUR! casting numbers on the rotor, depends on how they machine it, number of mounting holes and the diameter too.
  9. WRENCH MAN

Does anyone recognize this transfer case

All pictured except the red one are NP 201's, as stated the red one is an NP 202.
  10. WRENCH MAN

Troubles finding replacement wheels 74 200 dually

Dodge to '93 for sure, Ford to '83 I believe.
  11. WRENCH MAN

As an installer of brakes on a daily basis, I would NOT! recommend any hydraulics (or other parts!?) from NAPA these days it's all off shore JUNK! I would recommend a CENTRIC master cylinder, and ROCKAUTO shows it in stock for a little under $38 plus shipping, I would have ordered it already.
  12. WRENCH MAN

3/4 ton front axel

The wheel hub and possibly the brake drum are different.
  13. WRENCH MAN

The ONLY reason I would rebuild a master cylinder is IF a NEW one isn't available, and last time I priced a kit a NEW master cylinder was only $3 more!
  14. WRENCH MAN

New lug seating advice

You didn't use enough Antiseize on the new studs, it should be smooshed out from under the head of the stud when seated.
  15. WRENCH MAN

green diamond help

You're missing a zero, end play is .0035"-.0075", I don't know how it's set?, the PDF file says thrust is on #7, the pully/dampner should have no effect on the thrust?, I don't have a book that old, can you post some pics? Go read post #22 in the link above.