BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Whitten

Binder TV
  1. W

How to find the right turbo?

Is the MB model the 300TD?
  2. W

Thanks for the info. The HX35W is another suggestion from someone that had put one on their sd33t and had good results. I think it is off of a 94-98 Dodge 6bt, but I am not sure. I am very new to all of this and I am learning a ton as I go. I have a 1976 Scout II with an SD33 in it that I...
  3. W

Ok, I am new to the diesel world and I have read almost all of these threads, which are really helpful! My question is, how do I find the correct turbo model? For example if I wanted to get the Mercedes replacemnt Airresearch turbo, how do I know which one is correct? When I search on ebay...
  4. W

Just picked up a 1976 scout II with a sd33 and ? Trans. Where do I start?

I have done some extensive work to my 345, installed cam and lifters etc. But I don't know anything about the sd33. I guess my first goal was to get it running and then go from there. I have another sd33t that condition is unknown. I also have the change to get a sd33 with a 727 out of a...
  5. W

The Chupacabra Trading Post

Anyone have a 1972 grille I can buy?
  6. W

North Texas Binders Trading Post

Does anyone have a 1972 grille I can buy?
  7. W

Starting a lifter and cam removal and install / Problem right of the bat!

It’s alive! Just broke in the cam and it is purrrrrrrring. Sounds so much better than the clackity clack noise it was making! Thanks so much guys for all your help. This place is awesome, hope I can help someone else out in the future! I am trying to attach a video!
  8. W

Got another question fellas. I had to re-stab the distributor and the engine is still at TDC, but the timing mark is between the 20 and 15 marks on the case. It is not on "0." Can I just pull the cap on the dist. and line up the wires 8..... around the cap in the correct order and be done...
  9. W

Cam did come with install lub. I put it all over that think and the lifters too. Thanks for advice on the oil and additive. Going to parts store today to pick up the oil and additive. Hope I can fire it up today!
  10. W

I have a couple of more questions, I am going to try and start it up and break it in today. I was wondering what the best oil to use for break in would be? I have read a lot about adding a zinc additive for the break in cycle, what is a good additive for the break in? I will send video of...
  11. W

I am putting a Schneider Cam in. I got the RV #2 I believe. That’s why I went with the Schneider lifters, just grabbed both at the same time.
  12. W

Well I finally got the pan off, it was not as easy as I thought. There is a steer straight brace on mine so I had to remove the bottom bolts and spin it out of the way. I also had to remove the dust shield deal on the trans...anyway here is the pan. A lot better than I thought it was going to...
  13. W

I put a snake camera down camshaft cavity and looked at the bearings, they looked good so I rolled with the ones in place. I have not pulled the oil pan yet. That should happen today. I will post pics of the findings.
  14. W

All of the others are perfect and smooth. Since I have buttoned up the PS already and everything is in place I am thinking about just ordering two of the Johnson ones you mentioned and Installing those. Since it is a new cam it shouldn't matter correct?