BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by TorqueMonster1

Friends of BinderPlanet Facebook Group
  1. TorqueMonster1

Treatment for old, rusty bolts before reusing

If you do anything to clean up the threads PLEASE use a thread chasing kit as opposed to a tap & die set. Until a few years ago I had never heard of a thread chaser kit. It gives VERY different results compared to a tap & die. Tap & die sets have their place, buy it's NOT for cleaning up...
  2. TorqueMonster1

On Casting Metals

I have nothing to add to this thread but I’ll be following to learn. Thanks for getting it started! Mark
  3. TorqueMonster1

I’m about to buy a scout ii! NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!

Welcome to the sickness!! Beware, Scouts have a way of multiplying. A lot of good advice above. FIRST, please upload your pictures straight to the forum. It’s much easier for us to see them and they will be here forever. Many photos from past threads aren’t there because the “photo host” is...
  4. TorqueMonster1

Scout II Weather Stripping, Windshield Gasket, Door Felt, Exterior Seals, Body Bushing Kits AND ETC.....

Just wanting to see if any of you have bought any of these "soft" items in the past few years. If so, how did you like what you received?? I recall a thread recently about door glass weatherstripping/felt not being that great. I'm just hoping to avoid buyers remorse by getting recommendations...
  5. TorqueMonster1

Scout II Weather Stripping, Windshield Gasket, Door Felt, Exterior Seals, Body Bushing Kits AND ETC.....

Just wanting to check with all of you that have bought these items recently (way more recently than me).. I'm wanting to know if there is a difference in quality and/or fit between vendors. OR, If everyone has the same products and the only difference is price. Thanks For Your Replies!!! Mark
  6. TorqueMonster1

1973 Scout 2: While I'm in there...

If I'm following you correctly, you're wondering if that fan is "good" or "correct" because it sure isn't symmetrical, I agree totally that it looks as odd as can be. I have a similar fan for a Buick that's similar in its design. I do believe its correct and ok. Hopefully others will chime in...
  7. TorqueMonster1

Hello all - early 50s pickup newb

Pippin, Congratulations on the barn find!! You’ve come to the right place for IH knowledge. If at all possible take full air tanks with you, And, if power will be accessible an air compressor. If there is power near by take extension cords or just make multiple trips to fill up your tanks...
  8. TorqueMonster1

Possible bargain on BAT?

Mongocanfly said "Dont forget the 12in lift in the front and the 12in lowered rear... I'll be glad when this wears off.." I agree!!! First time I saw a truck like that I was thinking what on earth he was hauling in the bed that had it soooo weighted down. The next time I saw one it dawned on...
  9. TorqueMonster1

Please Read! Scout II Transmission & Transfer Case Model #'s & Part #'s Needed!!!!

Jeff Campbell, I'll see what I can do. If I can determine what parts are what, if I can afford it AND if I have the storage space. Mallen, Thank You for the info you sent me in the PM!!! Much Appreciated! Mark
  10. TorqueMonster1

Please Read! Scout II Transmission & Transfer Case Model #'s & Part #'s Needed!!!!

This is the same info that I made in another post. It was easiest to just copy & paste it here. Thanks for all of the replies to my post. I made this post late the other night and I wanted to hurry and get it on the forum but I didn’t have a lot of time to go into detail about why I was making...
  11. TorqueMonster1

Scout II Factory Front Drive Shafts......

Thanks for all of the replies to my post. I made this post late the other night and I wanted to hurry and get it on the forum but I didn’t have a lot of time to go into detail about why I was making the post. About 20 years ago I bought some parts for my first scout from a man in Nashville TN...
  12. TorqueMonster1

Scout II Factory Front Drive Shafts......

Thanks for reading my post. How many different front drive shafts were there for the Scout II? I know the Scout II came with 4 cylinder, 6 cylinder and V8 engines. They also came with a number of front axles and transfer cases. So how many different drive shafts were there AND how can they...
  13. TorqueMonster1

Thanks for reading my post. I know that the info I'm requested is massive and I'm sure that it's available somewhere on Al Gores amazing internet OR even on BP in a previous thread. I don't, however, have time to research it, AND I know that some of you have this info and can share it...
  14. TorqueMonster1

My 72/73 Scout Rebuild

Daniel, I'm very glad to see that you are once again moving along on your Scout. If anyone has ever deserved a 2nd chance it's certainly you. Get back in the groove of it and let us know how you're progressing. Best Of Luck!! Mark
  15. TorqueMonster1

YouTube Channel to Focus on Scout Metal Work/Fabrication Announcement

That's Wray Schelin. He's awesome. Owns Pro Metal Shaper in Massachusetts. I've watched many of his videos and I'm wanting to go take a class from him over a long weekend. VERY talented man. Watch his other videos. As I recall he even has a video where he takes a Harbor Freight English...