BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Tonka Toy

2021 Arizona International Harvester Rendezvous
  1. Tonka Toy

Regearing for a 700R4 swap?

Thanks for all of the great insight! [emoji106] Binder Bookie's conclusion is really where I'm at. When the rest of the pieces fall into my lap, I'll buy the conversion kit, put it in and see what happens. One thing that I wanted to try to do is tow with the overdrive off without sacrificing...
  2. Tonka Toy

Thanks for the tip about the case! Yes, I'm concerned that it would be too low of rpms. According to the gear ratio calculators I've tried, it appears that 1800 would be 65, and 2400 is about 85. Which would possibly be ok in a 1010 TravelAll that was used for traveling great distances at warp...
  3. Tonka Toy

I'm considering this swap in my TravelAll, but after running some numbers, I think that the OD would be too tall. Currently I have 3.73's and I'm running 33's. I'm curious about what others here have found out about it. Thanks! [emoji41][emoji106] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Tonka Toy

Dash ignition switch for D series?

Pollak! That's the website I saw a while ago and forgot to save a link. Thanks for the reminder! I'll ask IHPA if there's is Pollak. I'm not interested in replacing this every couple of years. I'll rewire it like a race car where there's no key switch if I have to. But that's not so wife...
  5. Tonka Toy

Dash ignition switch for D series?

I think that I've narrowed down my recent issue to a sloppy ignition switch. I've only had it for about two years, maximum. Premium brand from NAPA as well. So, does anyone know where to get a quality switch these days? Thanks everyone! [emoji41][emoji106] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. Tonka Toy

The Beast gets EFI

I'm seriously thinking about making the second tank be something that fits in the rear frame area, because the original belly tank is on the PS, which can make it a pain to fill up. I have a couple of options for this tank that I'll keep under my hat until I nail something down. But let's just...
  7. Tonka Toy

The Beast gets EFI

Gotcha on the fuel lines. :thumbs up: Regarding the dual tanks; would there be a need for a pusher pump in the back if I mount the pump up front? You're right about the use of the 4wd. I've only had it in low range a couple of times in three years. The rest of the time that I used the 4wd I...
  8. Tonka Toy

The Beast gets EFI

Well, it's time to bring this thread back to life! :yes::thumbs up: I've been driving this truck daily ever since my last postings, with nary a problem. Well…, except that my old Edelbrock carb was just wearing out. I put on a nearly new one that my dad had on a rig that's bound for the crusher...
  9. Tonka Toy

GM Gen 1 350 or 383 question

I posed the question because I'm just not a Chevy guy, never will be. Nor do I subscribe to the mentality that a SBC cures all ills, like some would lead you to believe. And I know that despite my personal biases, a maticulously rebuilt Chevy with quality parts will last a long time. The highest...
  10. Tonka Toy

GM Gen 1 350 or 383 question

Anybody ever run one in a full size? I've got a 700R4 dropping into my lap soon and it still has an 89 350 EFI motor from a pick-up still attached. I thought about repairing whatever is causing the dead hole condition in the motor and sell it. Then use the money to buy the adapter for the R4...
  11. Tonka Toy

TravelAll rear hatch conversion?

I had forgotten about this thread, sorry. :oops: I have kicked around the idea of using the upper hinge assembly from an early Ramcharger, or other full size, maybe a Tahoe or something. Going to have to be beefy, since it's not going to be light. :no: Gas assist struts for sure! :yes:
  12. Tonka Toy

Need info to help me decide on powertrain direction

I think that you're putting the car before the horse, so to speak. The very first thing to decide is what you want to truck to do 80% of the time. If you're going to drive it daily and want to function well in the modern world, then the power train swap is worth the investment in my book. Don't...
  13. Tonka Toy

Electrical system review before upgrades please

Eric: Thanks for the info. I'll definitely go with the CS then, because of the EFI if for no other reason. Do you have any "Just be sure to…" statements before I commit? :D Paul: I'm actually in a bit of a quandary about the battery location. Obviously, both up front would be better. But...
  14. Tonka Toy

Thanks for the info! :) So, is there any particular advantage to the SI vs the CS? In the durability/longevity department mainly. I haven't ever considered one before now, but i know that if that's how they are, it's not going to work for me. It would be easier for me to fab a mount for a...
  15. Tonka Toy

I'm preparing to make some modern upgrades to my TravelAll. I've already performed the ammeter bypass and Ford starter relay conversions. Been running fine for a good year or more now, driven daily. But I'm preparing to go to a Taurus fan and add lighting, electric winch, dual batteries, EFI...