BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by surfnturf

1. surfnturf

painless wiring in a 74 SII

Painless wiring is pretty simple. Much less complicated than the original wiring. I’ve re-wired my last 2 Scouts. My only issues have been wiring the steering column. On my Scout I had to follow the GM steering column diagram.
  2. surfnturf

Lineset paint code ??

Yes 2nd page says roll test date was 10/71 and final inspection was 11/71.
  3. surfnturf

Lineset paint code ??

Found another Scout II that appears to be the same color. It’s Mike Ismail’s. His is a 1974 and mine is a 1972. Color from picture looks to be the same.
  4. surfnturf

Lineset paint code ??

Interesting. Although this Scout will not be all original when it’s finished, I am planning on painting it the original color just because it’s so unusual. I haven’t seen this color before on a Scout. Wish I knew if it was a fleet vehicle or something.
  5. surfnturf

Lineset paint code ??

Hoping someone can help interpret this. I’ve been curious about this Scout color. Obviously it was a special order but I’m not sure what the code is on the lineset ticket. Maybe 5384??? Has anyone seen an aqua/green Scout II?
  6. surfnturf

SEBA Garage sale ,For sale, Wanted or Free to good home

I've got a few parts to list for sale. 1st is a scout II stock gas tank good shape $30. 4 brrl square bore manifold off a 345 $50. And a radiator for a Scout 80/800 4cyl. This was completely re-cored and had less than 100 miles before I changed engines. I paid $300 to have it done and asking $100.
  7. surfnturf

304 motorcraft carb differences?

I'm sure you've already seen this in your searches but you need the short accelerator linkage or it will hit thermostat housing. Also the shallow ( not deep) power valve housing. I recently found the second one out. Both can be used but you have to use a spacer and then the carb hits the hood.
  8. surfnturf

Looking for a driver side door for a scout II.
  9. surfnturf

Thanks, I'm just trying to recoup the money I got into it. It has some cosmetic issues and such that need addressed but I think it will be a good rig for someone.
  10. surfnturf

--------------:)----------------
  11. surfnturf

Never mind on the dizzy. Prestolite is up and running.
  12. surfnturf

Hidden vacuum leak.

OH YEAHHHH, You know that moment when it fires up and you feel like it will be road worthy soon. I'm there. My last ditch effort before tearing into the valves was to try another dizzy. A year or so ago I traded a holley dizzy to a friend who was going fuel injection. He gave me a prestolite...
  13. surfnturf

I'm looking for a holley points distributor. If anybody has an extra one let me know.
  14. surfnturf

Hidden vacuum leak.

Oh, and I forgot to mention I rechecked my advance and it does advance when reved up with the vacuum port plugged. I also brought my timing back down to about 5 btdc and still showing 12 hg but when advanced jumps up close to 20hg
  15. surfnturf

Hidden vacuum leak.

I'm hope it's not a valve train issue, but possible. This project has been bad luck. The history is this, nothing on this scout is original except the body and frame. The original 304 was shot. So I picked up this 345 from someone who was going Chevy. It was running before i got it. I still...