BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by smbosun

Binder TV
  1. smbosun

'80 Postal Scout II

Let me correct myself. This is my first scout, but I hadn't owned it previously. This truck popped up on the local craigslist a decade or so ago and I couldn't grab it then. Scouts were pretty rare to pop up back then in central NC, even rarer to find a RHD one. It could be a different truck...
  2. smbosun

'80 Postal Scout II

Pre trip progress update photos. Last image is set ready to go. I am still. finishing to catch up on some writing, but will post a trip recap for sure.
  3. smbosun

'80 Postal Scout II

Mark, This is my first scout and it took me near a decade to find it again. I'll post a few more photos from what was completed. I left mid May and took for a cruise across the country with her and made it back, separately unfortunately. She is back in the shop now for some drivetrain work...
  4. smbosun

Denver Area Auto Shop

Thanks, I forgot they were that close. I'll check them out too
  5. smbosun

Denver Area Auto Shop

Can anyone recommend an auto shop local to the Denver area? I'll be in the need of some axle and differential work in the next couple weeks. Thanks.
  6. smbosun

Denver area auto shop

Can anyone recommend an auto shop local to the Denver area? I'll be in the need of some axle and differential work in the next couple weeks.
  7. smbosun

Climbing Mountains

Not off the top of my head. Have a whole other issue going on right now, electrical, so it’s hard to think back.
  8. smbosun

Climbing Mountains

Tha Thanks. Like I mentioned previously I have a little over a week coming up in my trip where I will be around Monterey and can have some check the transmission and rehear for me.
  9. smbosun

Climbing Mountains

First thing, there isn't a stock tachometer, and I haven't installed one. Second, the down shift will depend on the grade. I hadn't needed to climb anything over 6%, but depending on how long the grade is, maybe halfway (dependent on if I was coming down hill or from flat ground).
  10. smbosun

Mechanical help needed

A The tank was dropped because I had an issue with the gauge only ever reading to 3/4 tank, unit in tank had a leak and was filling with fuel. had issue fixed but even then I wasn't having this issue. I haven't checked on the coil and distributor yet.
  11. smbosun

Climbing Mountains

my scout started with a 304 and the 2.72 gears. being used in the postal service, wouldn't it have been made to order
  12. smbosun

Mechanical help needed

Checked everything out this am. Gave her a go and she cranked, ran for 10 seconds then cuts off. Retry and crank - then dies out.
  13. smbosun

Mechanical help needed

Holley carb 80457-13
  14. smbosun

Climbing Mountains

I will have a good amount of time to have the labor taken care of and go ahead regear rather than risking an axle swap. My $64k question is what gears (brand), Yukon, D&C, etc?
  15. smbosun

Mechanical help needed

Yes the coil and distributor are stock. Thanks. It has been a long day and I need to process what’s happening. I’m a visual guy so I probably will wait till it’s light in the am.