BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Shnyzx

Binder TV
  1. Shnyzx

Scout II Wiper Replace

Those look like drill out the pin, replace with screw/bolt scenario. Part of this is now that the mechanical side of my brain says they should come off, and I just want to figure it out now.
  2. Shnyzx

Scout II Wiper Replace

Yes it looks like the other side. I'm trying to replace the whole thing to something more modern without trying to modify it. I know I can do replacements inserts, but I'd rather do the whole assembly if I could
  3. Shnyzx

Scout II Wiper Replace

I know, I know. Posted late last night so it was dark. Here are the pix. I've seen shots of others with the external tab, but I dont have that. It looks to be a spring latch mechanism inside. I just need to know which way to push! (If that's how it comes off)
  4. Shnyzx

Scout II Wiper Replace

I have a 77 Scout II with "stock" windsheild wipers - Trico Triple Action 11". My question, other than if these are really stock, is how do you remove the blades? I can see a notch in the wiper knuckle with what looks like a spring clip inside of it. If I could figure out how to activate this, I...
  5. Shnyzx

Mystery Engine wire bottom right front

Awesome thanks! Since I live in AZ, I doubt I'll be needing it, but where should it go?
  6. Shnyzx

Mystery Engine wire bottom right front

So I have searched and checked my manual and have yet to find out what this wire is for. It comes out of the bottom front right of the engine. This is a 1977 scout II 345 (me thinks). It is cut and wrapped around the frame. The scout runs with no issues.
  7. Shnyzx

Right Turn may work after dash drop

So when I battled the right turns not working with the lights on, I cleaned and improved all grounds on both sides. I have checked them again this morning and they are all good. New development though, the left turn works, and then going to the right, it'll blink once. Might I have broken the...
  8. Shnyzx

Didn't pull anything but the speedo, but that doesn't mean something didn't come unplugged. I chased down the few hanging wires I had and pulled them. They were cut but I traced them back to make sure it was cool to pull. I've been reading the book religiously so I'm getting good at chasing the...
  9. Shnyzx

Just by putting it back together and retightening the speedo cable, they started working correctly. Ashtray didn't slide right previously and the speedo was bouncy.
  10. Shnyzx

So I pulled the dash today to trace down my fuel guage. After the PO there were plenty of wires hanging down that weren't connect, and I wanted to make sure those hadn't been messed with. While I was in there I zip-tied everything and got it nice and clean looking. Ended up fixing the...
  11. Shnyzx

Scout II Hood Release Knob

Black plastic. I'm thinking it's shot. Is there a standard way to modify these to stay on and keep the period correct look?
  12. Shnyzx

It's not the machined knob, but the replica overmolded one with the little metal "clip" inside the hole. No set screws. The pull isn't that hard and I could probably even figure out the force it's so low. The new knob just doesn't really clip on securely.
  13. Shnyzx

Ok so here is my dumb question of the day. My Scout II came with the factory needle nose plyer hood release knob. I purchased a replacement online and am trying to get it attached with no luck. I re-aligned the hood catch so that you don't have to yank the hood release and pry the hood open at...
  14. Shnyzx

Scout II door panel plastic nut inserts

Not trying to dig up an old thread, but I found a good solution for this issue. ACE hardware has HILLMAN Grommet Nut 400169-H for roughly $0.23 a piece. They are a little loose in the square hole, but they take the screw and have the correct height!
  15. Shnyzx

[SOLVED] Right turn light doesn't work with lights on

Well I wired in a really rough bypass ground strap from inside the socket to a ring terminal on the grounding strap side screw. This fixed my problem (for now). I'll have to get a new socket and rewire properly in the future. Thanks for the guidance